New D* sub...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Just switched from E* to D*, got a H21-200 receiver. My fault for not checking closer. Old D* had RF remote and Local channel integration, for some reason D* has dropped those on the new receivers. Can I just buy a H20 from Ebay and swap it out with my leased H21? Will I lose any HD channels? What to do with leased H21 then? I only have/need one receiver, LIL is not good enough for me, as local fox station wont allow HD carriage for D* or Cable:mad:. Any help/Ideas appreciated...

Yeah it was done purely as a cost cutting measure they dropped the OTA input on the back of the 21's. That's the only real difference from a performance standpoint between the 20's and the 21's. You can swap the 21 for a 20 and not lose anything, yeah.

Just switched from E* to D*, got a H21-200 receiver. My fault for not checking closer. Old D* had RF remote and Local channel integration, for some reason D* has dropped those on the new receivers. Can I just buy a H20 from Ebay and swap it out with my leased H21? Will I lose any HD channels? What to do with leased H21 then? I only have/need one receiver, LIL is not good enough for me, as local fox station wont allow HD carriage for D* or Cable:mad:. Any help/Ideas appreciated...

I would just call D* and let them know that you were upgraded and was unaware that there was no OTA input, tell them you NEED the OTA input and they should send you one out or have a tech come out to do it.
As for the RF remotes, mine came with a RF remote, you are aware you have to tell it to work in the RF mode, right ?

Go thru the Remote set up guide.

Jimbo

Jimbo, yes, went through remote setup, no luck. Screen says if no luck after several attempts, you will need to use IR.
Indiana627, I have LIL, but local Fox affiliate will not allow for carriage in HD on D* or on local cable.
Thanks for the help everyone, I'll give them a call./

Jimbo, yes, went through remote setup, no luck. Screen says if no luck after several attempts, you will need to use IR.
Indiana627, I have LIL, but local Fox affiliate will not allow for carriage in HD on D* or on local cable.
Thanks for the help everyone, I'll give them a call./

Can you get your locals with OTA antenna ?
You won't have the LIN issue if this is a possibility.

Jimbo

Yep, Jimbo I get all locals OTA. Saw the later thread about LIN in CT, and it is the same here. Ours though, is a Fox affilate, which I watch more than the rest combined.

Cust Serv. just told me no receivers left with OTA built in, must find @ Wal-Mart, CC, BB, Ebay or other. Will let me swap out for my H21-200, return leased rcvr, and have owned one instead w/ OTA and RF remote.

Cust Serv. just told me no receivers left with OTA built in, must find @ Wal-Mart, CC, BB, Ebay or other.

Call again.

If they try giving me a HR21 if I need a replacement, I'll give them all my equipment and move on.
They cannot MAKE you use their service for locals.

fwiw, the locals Costco's has a pallet full of the HR20's and H20's as well.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)