New date for forced CUI

I've read that the CUI degrades the performance of the HWS only somewhat.
It is not as fast as the existing interface but it's not terrible. Now, if you have a Joey 1, it's bad.... real bad.... There's no way to look at the Joey to determine the version, as I recall. Once you have the CUI, there's (2) ways to know: 1) It will be dog-a** slow or 2) after the new s/w is installed, your online account will then indicate the version #. Strange that it takes the new interface to pass this info up to Dish's system but that seems to be the case.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have an HWS and SJ. I assume that the new CUI is also going out to my configuration also? Should I just wait and see what happens or hit the "app" button mentioned above and chance it?
Gerry
It's up to you, but you are going to get it eventually no matter what you do.

Personally, I am going to wait as long as possible before "upgrading" to the new CUI. I am not having any problems at all with the older interface, and from what I have read on this forum, the older Hoppers run better with the old interface. I have yet to see even one reason why the CUI interface is better for the older Hoppers than what I have now. I know that I am going to miss some of the features that I have now (like a faster interface, the 3 hour guide, and 4X fast forward). Why would I want to hasten the delivery of the new interface that makes my HWS worse than it is now?

When I upgraded to the H3 a few weeks ago, I had to install the CUI on my HWS in order to transfer my recordings to the H3.
Well, yesterday I finally got around to looking at my HWS to see what it had on it that I had not viewed since I filled the H3 before the transfer was complete. There were 2 series there totaling about 2 dozen episodes, which was reported as 3% full on the hard disk. So I decided to watxh an old episode of White Collar.Moving around the system and commercial skipping was much faster than I remember on the HWS or the H3. Now I guess it is time to pack up the HWS and ship it back home.

I have gotten the new interface on both of my Hoppers with Sling.

So far I like it.
The interface is nice. I don't think I have any complaints about it, it was just the performance. It was repeated over and over that it's faster and I am 100% confident it is not. If it remained the same, that would have been fine, but I believe it is slightly slower.

Reactions: thomasjk
Definitely slower on my Joey 1.0, maybe a little slower on the H2s, but not enough to be an irritation IMHO. Main complaint may be that some common (to me) commands are now buried deeper in the interface, but there is probably a colored key that shortens the journey.

When I turned my TV on today around 5PM I was greeted with a message offering to download the CUI overnight. Since it's coming on the 29th anyway, I said, Why Not? I also discovered I have a Joey 2 so I shouldn't have any real issues.
Question: Are wireless joeys 1's and 2's or are they just wireless joeys?

The wireless Joey came out about the same time as the Joey 2 IIRC, they are similar in performance, I think.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will be more that happy to put me in my place.

Main complaint may be that some common (to me) commands are now buried deeper in the interface, but there is probably a colored key that shortens the journey.
The colored buttons still do what they used to do, as I recall. Have to remember that the CUI was developed for the Hopper 3, which was developed with the new remote in mind.

The colored buttons still do what they used to do, as I recall. Have to remember that the CUI was developed for the Hopper 3, which was developed with the new remote in mind.
Yep, the colored buttons, and for that matter all of the buttons, on the 40 remote work just as they always did on the H3...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)