New date for forced CUI

Sorry SandFarmer. I hope they calm down for you next several days.

Thank you, charlesrshell. At least it didn't hammer the box that I was worried about. Now that it has the C(G)UI, I can direct transfer the content to a new machine with the C(G)UI. But no matter what the other HwS will not manually update. It won't even go as far as downloading anymore. Things that make you go Hmmm. Ah all the fun in DISH land. I need some beers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you, charlesrshell. At least it didn't hammer the box that I was worried about. Now that it has the C(G)UI, I can direct transfer the content to a new machine with the C(G)UI. But no matter what the other HwS will not manually update. It won't even go as far as downloading anymore. Things that make you go Hmmm. Ah all the fun in DISH land. I need some beers.
Michelob Ultra please!

Do you have Joeys attached to this 2nd Hopper ? If so, unplug them from the electric outlets. Confirm there are no recordings coming up either. It won't do the final installation step until the receiver goes into standby mode. If your TV is one, this is where you see the Dish "screensaver" normally. If there are recordings scheduled (don't know, in the next 30, 60, 120 minutes ??), it may hold off starting the installation. If anything, just turn the Hopper "off" with the power button on the remote. That doesn't turn it off, just puts it in standby mode anyway.

Yup did exactly that. Unplugged the Joey a couple of days ago after reading how best to avoid corrupt installs and being told that my updates would be yesterday. There are no recordings in the unit for hours. I figured the C(G)UI is afraid of the sun, a vampiric type of thing. I trust that since it will no longer DL the install it may have it intact after 3 DL's and is just waiting. We'll have to see. I just wanted to post so if anyone that stumbles on this might have similar issues can know they are not alone and that it's not that big of a thing. That is until you see smoke.

Thanks.

Last edited:
When I had the new interface on our Hopper 2, while it was still in "test" phase, they added a "Black" option or similar name. It was much nicer than the 'gray' option, in my opinion, and I wish they would bring it back at some point. It wasn't "complete" though and maybe priorities got shifted around so people weren't able to finish the rest of the UI.

BigBlueXrayThumbsUpLeft.jpg

Well after 7 failed attempts today I hope the other box will update tonight.
Well after leaving it overnight it is stuck in an Update Download Loop and will not update. The box that I thought l'd have the least trouble with turned out to be the biggest problem.

Last night my HWS force updated to the new CUI. I was expecting it because my HWS has been displaying a pop-up when I first turned it on saying that I the new interface would be automatically installed on 06-29-17.

I have only used it briefly this AM, but my first impression was: why did Dish do this? The new interface is different, but I really don't see how it is any better than what I had before. The HWS is a little slower, but the speed is acceptable. I really dislike the new browser bar, it is too big and opaque. I prefer the older guide display over the new one (3 hour guide was better), and I really miss 4X FF. I only used it for a couple of minutes and I really have to use it more before I can say for sure, but so far, I like the old interface better.

I wonder if you did a reset to factory default and DISH send a hit or something would get it to straighten out!

Curious. I just got a reply from the DIRT member that I have been dealing with and he wants to move me into an H3. But I would need two. I am just about to start the conversation and will let you know what evolves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)