New Direct TV dealer, a few Q's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lizardsticker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Illinois
I am taking over the management of a direct TV dealer at a local computer shop. It's been sitting idle for a while, enjoying only the incidental one or two sales a month from walk-ins.

I have about 4 years of cable and satellite experience. I was a lead tech (for what that's worth), always installed to NEC standards, and I recruited and trained new guys. I don't think taking this position will be all that difficult for me.

What I was looking for when I stumbled on the satelliteguys forum is a place where other vendors post. I am interested in what kind of marketing strategies are working out there. Pretty much my plan to drum up sales is by using yard signs on street corners, and the good old fashioned door hangar. My target I think is a reasonable 15 installs per week, considering that large areas just west of where I live do not have cable. I am also wondering what it takes to have Direct TV send you installs directly.

I'm also interested in gaining contacts...Eventually I'll have more than I can handle on my own, and I'll be looking for a couple of experienced, reliable and mature guys in the northern Illinois area, just west of Aurora for some contracting work. So PM me if you are interested and I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks for your input, this looks like it will be a very useful forum. hopefully I can add my .2 cents from time to time as well.

Check out our sister site dishretailer.com

I know they are dish network retailers but I think there is some directv there too.

This site is a great consumer resource (thus education for your team) but doesn't get much into the business end of it.

WELCOME!

Your biggest competitor is Directv their advertising budget is unlimited. For door hangers and yard signs be sure you aren't violating city ordinances. Many have restrictions on placement and licenses.

How many of those uncabled areas don't already have or HAVE ALREADY HAD satellite? The low hanging fruit has been picked long ago now you have FORMER and EXISTING CUSTOMER that you need to get qualified as "NEW" customers to be able to get paid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.