New DIRECTIVO coming next month?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can a person not buy used Replays and use them? With Dish Network receivers at least you can modulate the outputs and choose what channel you want to be on as to what tuner you want to access which would allow you to continue watching your show in another room in the house. It would be in SD though with the secondary tuners until Dish Network comes out with the XIP receivers "soon".

wow..... seriously???? they went backwards to the older dvr's......... no way i'll even consider it....

Even that wouldnt bother me IF it ran better than the current models. The deal breaker for me is it does not support MRV.

Even that wouldnt bother me IF it ran better than the current models. The deal breaker for me is it does not support MRV.
i don't see how it would run better than an HR24. the issues with the previous models were hardware and the HR24 has proven that. that tivo model can be anything from an HR21 to a 23. they call'em the snails of the DVR's :p

i don't see how it would run better than an HR24. the issues with the previous models were hardware and the HR24 has proven that. that tivo model can be anything from an HR21 to a 23. they call'em the snails of the DVR's :p

It was hardware running the D* software. Who knows, it may very well be able to handle a leaner Tivo software quite well. Not saying it will of course. I have no idea.

Tivo has lost half of their subscriber base in the last couple of years. Currently TIVO has less than 1.9 million subs from a high of 4.4 million. They are hemorraging subscribers to the turn of 70-100 thousand per quarter. I don't see how a Feature weak DirecTIVO that will cost DirecTV subscribers more than a current HR24 will revive TIVO. Let's face it TIVO is circling the drain.

dfergie said:
They did... MRV ;) although Replays was much better as you could use a pc as a virtual receiver and store and access programming on it...

Like DirecTV2PC?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

*Yawn If I can't use it with MRV then I don't want it since I have 3 HR24's

I rather have the HR30 with 5 tuners anytime.

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

So much flaming (on TiVo) I cannot possibly respond to all. All I can say it TCF has 246,528 members and SatelliteGuys has 169,446. I'm not bagging you Scott, I love this place! The point is for only mathematical illustration. TiVo is to credit for the HR24, ViP 766 (or whatever), Replay, UltimateTV and even the Hauppage WinPVR. So on this date the 20th birthday of Linux, all I can say is everyone has attempted to copy TiVo and nobody has succeeded. No MRV you say? It'll happen, My HR10-250 had it ... but I only watch one TV at a time. I'm in that 35-46 demographic that again just likes things that work. TiVo has never dumped a recording, corrupted it and gave me a pure black screen (circa HR20) and always extends so I don't miss a shootout in a hockey game.

It is OK that some folks do not like TiVo, but it still reigns supreme, I welcome investors to post sub numbers from last quarter per D* & T*

Oh boy, I'll never get this 4 minutes back. However, it appears I'll get a new DirecTiVo!

I can't wait to get my DirecTivo!!! The sooner I can send this HR20 back to Directv the better!

I can't wait to get my DirecTivo!!! The sooner I can send this HR20 back to Directv the better!
i would understand anything below an HR24 but if you have an HR24 then forget about it..........

So much flaming (on TiVo) I cannot possibly respond to all. All I can say it TCF has 246,528 members and SatelliteGuys has 169,446. I'm not bagging you Scott, I love this place! The point is for only mathematical illustration. TiVo is to credit for the HR24, ViP 766 (or whatever), Replay, UltimateTV and even the Hauppage WinPVR. So on this date the 20th birthday of Linux, all I can say is everyone has attempted to copy TiVo and nobody has succeeded. No MRV you say? It'll happen, My HR10-250 had it ... but I only watch one TV at a time. I'm in that 35-46 demographic that again just likes things that work. TiVo has never dumped a recording, corrupted it and gave me a pure black screen (circa HR20) and always extends so I don't miss a shootout in a hockey game.

It is OK that some folks do not like TiVo, but it still reigns supreme, I welcome investors to post sub numbers from last quarter per D* & T*

Oh boy, I'll never get this 4 minutes back. However, it appears I'll get a new DirecTiVo!

How did your HR10-250 have MRV? Mine didn't have it.

From GizmoLovers Blog is a post from July about the reasons for the delays...heartbreak for TiVo haters;

Now, I want to make an important point here – I don’t think this is TiVo’s fault. A lot of people have complained at/to TiVo about the delays, but they’re not in control. Remember this is a DirecTV product, not a TiVo product! TiVo is a supplier and contractor to DirecTV for this. Unlike the original DirecTiVo boxes, the new unit is not based on a TiVo-designed reference platform. It was previously announced that the hardware will be supplied by Technicolor (formerly known as Thomson), and TiVo is integrating their software with the platform under contract to DirecTV.

DirecTV controls the schedule, they control the product specifications, they decide on the features, they control the budget, etc. For a while now TiVo has been mentioning the new box on their quarterly calls and clearly stating that they hope DirecTV will decide to release it soon, but that the decision rests with DirecTV. On the most recent call TiVo’s CEO, Tom Rogers, stated that there was continuing work to implement new features for the product and he was hopeful it would ship in 2011.

Read the whole thing at More delays for the new DirecTiVo? | Gizmo Lovers Blog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)