New DIRECTIVO coming next month?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If one got this DVR,& did not have SWM,would they need B-Band Converters to hook it up(thank God I do have SWM,Deca,& MRV,so I have no desire for this DVR)? I ask because the HR23 didn't need BBC's.

If one got this DVR,& did not have SWM,would they need B-Band Converters to hook it up(thank God I do have SWM,Deca,& MRV,so I have no desire for this DVR)? I ask because the HR23 didn't need BBC's.

Good question, till someone sees it, I guess no one will know.

I could not care less about TiVo. (An important distinction, it means that right now I care NOTHING for TiVo, so there's no way I could ever think less of it!)

Hrmm THR-22 so they took an r22 and put tivo software on it and we been waiting this long for that.... way to go tivo you bleeping idiots.

That's what it looks to me, just an R22 receiver with their Tivo software. What's so great about Tivo anyways? I'm satisfied with all the functions on the Directv HD-DVR receivers, there's nothing else I need except for maybe being able to watch from anywhere on a computer or smartphone.

stonecold said:
Hrmm THR-22 so they took an r22 and put tivo software on it and we been waiting this long for that.... way to go tivo you bleeping idiots.

You should TiVo was not the delay ... TiVo had the product launch ready 10 years ago. It was Chase Carey who showed TiVo the door after 5 years of booming success on DirecTV.

You should TiVo was not the delay ... TiVo had the product launch ready 10 years ago. It was Chase Carey who showed TiVo the door after 5 years of booming success on DirecTV.

Yes but even standalone tivos are just so blah compared to other offerings from Dish and DTV line up of DVRS. Heck I was at comcast and played with one of there new motorolla boxes and it was pretty darn cool . Unlike the over priced tivo priemere i bought for my brother because he so wanted it and now does not even use it .

That's what it looks to me, just an R22 receiver with their Tivo software. What's so great about Tivo anyways? I'm satisfied with all the functions on the Directv HD-DVR receivers, there's nothing else I need except for maybe being able to watch from anywhere on a computer or smartphone.

Hello slingbox. ;)

Well VoD doesn't even work on DirecTV, so that is not a fair comparison. However, lack of this functionality on cable and satellite is EXACTLY why they all need to support Netflix, Hulu, etc.

I'm only interested in the TiVo so my DVR doesn't auto-shred my recordings. If is looking like the THR-22, will be an HR-22 ... and I am willing to bet that none of the issues I see with the D* software exist on the TiVo platform ... just because it is that well written.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)