New DirecTV 99,101,103,110,119 ODU Pics!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SexyCableGuy

Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
We just received training on the new DirecTV satellite dish they will be using for the new HD rollout in November!! I took some pics with my camera phone since we weren't allowed to take any home to practice with. This new dish has one combinded LNB that picks up the 99,101 and 103 satellites. Then you attach a separate special LNB for the 100,119 satellites. Took me 15-20 minutes to align it a few times. But unfortunately no one could get the signal level up between 77-81 percent! Signal is unexpectantly weak on the 101...even though the 101 is used as a pivot point when aligning. Ill post up the manual in a day or two with details on our website including pics.

I would like to see camera phone pics - they might show more than the "tivod" pics.

SexyCableGuy said:
Took me 15-20 minutes to align it a few times. But unfortunately no one could get the signal level up between 77-81 percent! Signal is unexpectantly weak on the 101...even though the 101 is used as a pivot point when aligning. Ill post up the manual in a day or two with details on our website including pics.

Too many slots for one dish to easily aim it? I would say so. This may not bode well for improved rain fade if some slots are weaker.

Don

These new dishes and new receivers will only be necessary for those who are in the top 12 or 24 markets initially?? Or are there going to be new HD channels which can only be received with the new dishes?

It probably isnt much larger if any larger at all since the limit is 39" if you are in certain areas that may have restrictions. The SuperDish is 34-36".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problems with tonight 10/15 NY metro RSN's

HDMI question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts