New DirecTV Channel Wish List

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
What good would Playboy-HD be? Only the one or two live shows or the director's cut movie each night would be worth it. What is that total? About 3 hours?

I guess 3 hours would put it right in line with ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

stuart628 said:
I am suprised at how all the grumblings I hear about INhd on these forums, I am the only one that voted for it, am I the only to actually see the channel and its programs??
react to me

InHD is right at the top of my list.
Then:
TNT
FSN
ESPN2
Starz/Cinemax/TMC/Encore
Playboy
WB/UPN
PBS

National Geographic in HD would be nice, but I am not sure how far out that is.

I'd also like to see some more content from Sci-Fi make it over to Universal HD.

How about Euro1080 - HD1?

I would not mind seeing some of the content Voom has/had make its way to other satellite/cable companies.

Is there a place to find out about upcoming channels in HD? Are there any new channels planning to launch this year besides ESPN2HD?

Do you mean on D* specific or channels launching in general? I saw a website once that listed new channels in general, but can't see any DBS or cable company putting themselves out on a limb like that. They usually like to announce a day or so in advance or just as it goes live.

I was just reffering to channels in general. Not any company specific E*, D*, Voom, Cable etc... I'm just curious as to companies that plan on launching new HD channels, an example is will HDnet up their programming to 3 or 4 channels, Inhd the same thing etc....

I am surprised there is not a MTV HD channel yet for example, are they plannig anything? E! would be a cool HD channel as well.

CWS_kahuna said:
I was just reffering to channels in general. Not any company specific E*, D*, Voom, Cable etc... I'm just curious as to companies that plan on launching new HD channels, an example is will HDnet up their programming to 3 or 4 channels, Inhd the same thing etc....

I am surprised there is not a MTV HD channel yet for example, are they plannig anything? E! would be a cool HD channel as well.

Sean (Mota), I believe used to do a HD channel list that was handy. I don't know if he still does it or not, but I haven't seen it in a while.

E! is currently providing (some) HD programming to InHD.
Scripps Lifestyle HD will debut either 4Q 2005 or 1Q 2006. It will provide some programming from HGTV/DIY/Food Network/Fine Living in HD.
Turner Classic Movies plans to broadcast in HD this year.
The Outdoor Channel will start an HD channel this Summer (July), in fact, I happened to see some of their programming (I believe) in HD at Circuit City last week.

Some of this information I remembered from memory, but the rest I got from this thread on AVSForum.com.

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts