New DirecTV Channel Wish List

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Howaraj1013

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Since Voom is now nearing the end of the line, I have been comparing D*s & E*s HD lineup. Both need some additions to please us voomers. So, since they say threads are monitored for user input, please list the HD channels you would MOST like to see added. I've started a similar thread in the dish Prog forum.

I would like to see more premiums.

CinemaxHD, StarzHD EncoreHD & TMCHD.

East & West of each would be even better.

The company to provide these first would be my new provider.

I like live content so I go with:

ESPN2-HD
TNT-HD
ESPN-U
NBA TV-HD
NFL TV-HD
FSN-HD
Starz-HD
Cinemax-HD
The Movie Channel-HD

Directv really needs to add TNTHD and StarzHD. I really am going to miss VOOM.

heres mine
#1 TNTHd
#2 ESPN2 Hd
#3 StarzHd
#4 INHd
#5 my locals
#6 all the other movie channels in High Def....I am not sure as I think we will see a whole bunch of high def channles pop up this year and next year! But as of right now I am content with my NFL Ticket High def, and what we have, now in a couple months when that sat. goes up I would push for my locals

My wish list:
1. Add all the Cinemax channels (Action Max, 5 Star Max, W Max, Outer Max, @Max, Thriller Max and most importantly HD Cinemax). Direct TV's Cinemax offerings are terrible!
2. Add the missing HBO Comedy channel.
3. Add the missing Starz HD channels.
4. Add the missing TMC HD channels.
5. Add TNT-HD.

I certainly hope Direct TV finds a way to add these channels. I have been supplementing my Direct TV with Voom and it certainly appears that Voom will soon be dead. If Voom dies and Direct TV fails to deliver quality HD content I may be forced to switch to cable. :(

I like your list, dlma1 (although I would add ESPN2HD), particularly HBO Comedy, which I had with cable.

--Dino

charper1 said:
I like live content so I go with:

ESPN2-HD
TNT-HD
ESPN-U
NBA TV-HD
NFL TV-HD
FSN-HD
Starz-HD
Cinemax-HD
The Movie Channel-HD
I'm with him and the more movies the better

I am suprised at how all the grumblings I hear about INhd on these forums, I am the only one that voted for it, am I the only to actually see the channel and its programs??
react to me

Spice-HD comes on channel 599 THUR-SUN after primetime in 2 PPV blocks; 12AM - 3AM ET or 3AM - 6AM. It would be nice if it were 24/7 and able to be subscription based. It would also be nice if at least one of the adult channels were real XXX.

What good would Playboy-HD be? Only the one or two live shows or the director's cut movie each night would be worth it. What is that total? About 3 hours?

charper1 said:
Spice-HD comes on channel 599 THUR-SUN after primetime in 2 PPV blocks; 12AM - 3AM ET or 3AM - 6AM. It would be nice if it were 24/7 and able to be subscription based. It would also be nice if at least one of the adult channels were real XXX.

I agree it would be nice if one of the other adult channels were available on a subscription basis. heck, Id even settle for it if it wasnt in HD. $12.99 for a block is just too expensive....

go to inhds website
www.inhd.com
some of my favs I saw

Yellow card concert
various nba games
imax movied were good
verious baseball games
various boxing
Ultimate fighting chanpionship
Red Bulls Flugtag (Great program if you dont know what this ask and I will explain)
Raising Arizona,
This is all I can remember off the top of my head, but please go to their website, they are a great great channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)