Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Isn't the new Directv commercial about wires misleading until the 44 comes out? If you have a client you have to run a wire to that room so you still have wires.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Unless I am doing it wrong, the "Directv Everywhere" commercial is VERY misleading. I can't get it to work out of my personal wifi's range, let alone frolicking down the street.

The hr44 has wireless as in wifi support, so you can eliminate the deca from your setup, you still need coax to each receiver or client and most likely always will, you are misunderstanding the ad as far as wireless goes. And yes the directv apps need to be on the same network as the dvr as they remotely view the content from the dvr, the dvr's content is not sent over the internet.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Just saw the genie "no wires" commercial in the bates motel eppisode tonight... Yea thats not really accurate, not sure how that works, probably causing alot of problems to hard ass customers.

**edit**
Per engadget and a few other sources on google, the hr44 delivers its rvu content to the c41s and wifi enabled rvu clients via wifi. I did not think this was the case at first, so well see.

Last edited:
I had Tech say they only need to run one wire to the HR44 and even with hooking up clients now Directv wants to count it as a one room install. Even though they need to set up the clients as well.

Well see, you would probably get a lower rate for each client but not credit for the whole room install, but im pretty sure talk of this would belong in the installer's forum if anywhere.

Just saw the genie "no wires" commercial in the bates motel eppisode tonight... Yea thats not really accurate, not sure how that works, probably causing alot of problems to hard ass customers.

**edit**
Per engadget and a few other sources on google, the hr44 delivers its rvu content to the c41s and wifi enabled rvu clients via wifi. I did not think this was the case at first, so well see.

The C41 still needs a coax connected (although a wireless version is rumored). The existing Samsung RVU clients won't allow a wireless connection, setup requires a wired ethernet connection I have a Samsung RVU TV). Maybe that will change.

The C41 still needs a coax connected (although a wireless version is rumored). The existing Samsung RVU clients won't allow a wireless connection, setup requires a wired ethernet connection I have a Samsung RVU TV). Maybe that will change.

I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying what the Tech told me, well complained to me is better way to put it.

Directv "Anywhere" commercials are no more misleading than the Exfinity commercials showing people watching video on train,in park ,in car ,etc. No sure how having Commie cast at my house is going to get me HD video on my tablet or let my kids watch Disney channel in the minivan on the way to grandma's house.

If Xfinity somehow gives me unlimited 4G service I need to get my mother's login info,since she has Comcast. Last I knew Comcast did not offer wireless service.

Last edited:
You are all missing the point of the commercial.. They are highlighting that with the Genie and an RVU TV, you dont need a box or the associated wires at all.

Directv "Anywhere" commercials are no more misleading than the Exfinity commercials showing people watching video on train,in park ,in car ,etc. No sure how having Commie cast at my house is going to get me HD video on my tablet or let my kids watch Disney channel in the minivan on the way to grandma's house.

IIRC you can stream a bunch of stuff and on demand via their web site and apps. Not tied to your wifi.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts