new directv customer plz help with FSN ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I just ordered choice xtra and found out we don't get our nearest fox sports network to watch pro games.

we live in zip 33919 and should get at least one I thought.

when I called in they wanted $12.00 to watch FSN pack which gives alot of out of market channels but of course blocks out pro games.

I don't want that, I just want to watch my local FSN channel.

plz tell me if that should be available to us, thanks so much.

You should get both Sunshine Network & FSN Florida in Ft Myers

per Directv site

The 33919 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s) available in Standard Definition. With HD Access select teams available in HD where noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package:

Sun Sports (Ch. 632)
# Florida Marlins
# Florida Marlins
# Miami Heat
# Orlando Magic
# Tampa Bay Lightning
# Tampa Bay Lightning

FSN Florida (Ch. 634)
# Florida Marlins
# Florida Panthers
# Tampa Bay Devil Rays

in ft myers, he should get the magic and lightning from sun sports and the drays plus fish from fsn florida. plus, if he has the 5lnb setup, he will get fish and dray games in hd right now. without looking at the territory map, i don't know if he's far enough south to get either the heat or panthers.

sounds like he needs to give directv a jingle and straighten it out!

i won't defend the drays but, given the fact the marlins still have a very young team and a $15 million payroll, they play fairly consistent ball. after beating the dodgers sat nite, i think they are 4 games below .500. that's better than the world champs are playing! :)

Where do you go to figure out what FSN you should get? Does that mean if lets say you are to pick up the Detroit FSN that all those games should be available to you without picking up a sports package such as NBA/NHL/MLB?

but yes to answer your question sparty, once you put in your zip code, you will determine what your local teams are and should receive the appropriate regional sports net. if you don't, you might have to jingle directv!

Ok so it comes up as Chicago based teams are my basic but if I upgrade to the sports package I can also get the Detroit Tigers. Does that mean if I were to have the Choice Extra plus the sports package I would get the Tigers games without purchasing MLB Extra Innings? Or would they still be blacked out (zip is 46538 by the way)

okay, plz splain.............unless, detroit is listed as a team in his zip code, he isn't going to receive with just the sports pak!.....unless, i'm still sleeping as i type this and missed something.

okay, i just checked and you guys are correct. just wondering if something has changed? i mean i didn't know that with some zip, you could get more local sports, with an upgrade package........

There are quite a few places like that. Mostly on "border" zip codes and where you have a primary RSN but a team from another market claims you.

And this will translate to HD as soon as D10 is online and the RSNs all go CONUS.

thanks scott...........wish it applied to me. i checked and it doesn't. but that is good info to know!

There are quite a few places like that. Mostly on "border" zip codes and where you have a primary RSN but a team from another market claims you.

And this will translate to HD as soon as D10 is online and the RSNs all go CONUS.

This describes my situation and I am hoping you are corrct Bonscott about the "this will translate to HD as soon as D10 is online and the RSNs all go CONUS.

D* has reciently decided that I no longer have to pay for the Sports Pack to get my FSN - although it's still SD, they won't pass along the HD version yet.

Jimbo

This describes my situation and I am hoping you are corrct Bonscott about the "this will translate to HD as soon as D10 is online and the RSNs all go CONUS.

D* has reciently decided that I no longer have to pay for the Sports Pack to get my FSN - although it's still SD, they won't pass along the HD version yet.

Jimbo

Believe me, I am with you. FSN Detroit is my RSN as well, but no HD because it's not on my spotbeam. Once national it should all go away.

Hopefully. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)