New Directv HD DVR HR-20 is (not) available

Status
Please reply by conversation.
benj said:
I've dealt with a few customers recently who were expecting replacement H20s and received H10s instead.

Why would an MPEG2 receiver be sent to "replace" an MPEG4 receiver?

or

Are you saying they ordered/upgraded to HD services and assumed they were getting an H20 to replace their older HD unit?

Considering the H20 is the only MPEG4 receiver out right now, that SHOULD be specifically mentioned by the customer and the rep should be able to say a clear yes or no.

Thank you all who showed some compassion. Like I stated earlier, I am new to this whole dish thing, and I love coming to this site for information.

I apologize for my earlier statements, and thanks to all for the great info!!!!

Jeez, only if FIOS TV would expand their area by one block, I would not have this issue!!!

charper1 said:
Why would an MPEG2 receiver be sent to "replace" an MPEG4 receiver? .

charper,
It is possible that the sub had a H-20 , may have bought it from like BB or CC and is using the HD part, but is not in an area where MPEG 4 is up yet, therefore they do not need the H-20 at this time, althouhg I would not be happy with that design by D*.
A while back you could buy either one off the shelves.

Jimbo

Why would an MPEG2 receiver be sent to "replace" an MPEG4 receiver?

or

Are you saying they ordered/upgraded to HD services and assumed they were getting an H20 to replace their older HD unit?

The customers in question had defective H20 receivers and called into DTV to get replacement HD receivers, presumably H20s. Two days later they find an H10 dropshipped on the doorstep. This continued to happen as recently as 2 months ago.

6 months ago, we got a memo to destroy any H10s we had in our warehouse that were pending RMA so that they would not get refurbished and dumped back into the swap pool for defective receivers. Oops.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)