New DIRECTV HD Exclusives

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Upconverts or not I don't care at this point. I am interested in watching some of the hd that will be on those channels next week when I get Directv hooked up with hd . I really want to see Sci Fi in hd. I will still have DISH hd but I will compliment it with Directv hd too.

Upconverts or not I don't care at this point. I am interested in watching some of the hd that will be on those channels next week when I get Directv hooked up with hd . I really want to see Sci Fi in hd. I will still have DISH hd but I will compliment it with Directv hd too.
I thought you were going to cancel the D* service because of Sco:p

I have read posts before putting down DirecTV's HD offerings as just all upconverts and stretched out SD video.But the fact remains if you don't have a dedicated HD channel your not going to see an HD programs anyways,which is not DirecTV's fault as a provider.Because DirecTV is not the programmer.:rolleyes:
I have read them too, at the time I made that comment, I had not seen anything like that in THIS thread. I assume now that he was making a generalized statement

I thought you were going to cancel the D* service because of Sco:p

No, I only said that in anger because I was tired of arguing with Scobuck.:p

I am going to add total choice in hd because it DOES have HD channels I want and not because of sports. I really don't care about sports in hd or not. IF DIRectv meets my needs and I can handle their hd dvr I will make a decision by this summer on whether to keep DISH or not. I will keep both DISH and Directv hd till then.

The one thing I can do with DISH since I own my receivers ,is cut back to just locals and pay the hd enabeling fee. THis would allow me get ota and locals with my 622/722 dvr and just pay the dvr fees. It would be worth it to still have DISH for my ota and the dvr functions & recording 2 sat hd locals and 1 ota hd local at the same time. Considering the hr 21 has no ota right now, this would be keeping the best of both services. IF DISH bounces back this summer or by the end of the year , I will probably go back to them for all my hd needs. Right now because of FORCED overtime from the state of Texas and the fact that there is no end to the forced overtime , I will be able to afford both sat services for the next 2 years.

This will also give me a chance to see how the other side works and the dvrs , video on demand over the ethernet, etc work. I can then start making comparisons or contrasts made on a first hand basis ,since I will have both services for hd . I am kind of looking forward to the install. I only hope that since I scheduled between 8 - 12 that they will show up sometime in the day when there in light.

No, I only said that in anger because I was tired of arguing with Scobuck.:p

I am going to add total choice in hd because it DOES have HD channels I want and not because of sports. I really don't care about sports in hd or not. IF DIRectv meets my needs and I can handle their hd dvr I will make a decision by this summer on whether to keep DISH or not. I will keep both DISH and Directv hd till then.

The one thing I can do with DISH since I own my receivers ,is cut back to just locals and pay the hd enabeling fee. THis would allow me get ota and locals with my 622/722 dvr and just pay the dvr fees. It would be worth it to still have DISH for my ota and the dvr functions & recording 2 sat hd locals and 1 ota hd local at the same time. Considering the hr 21 has no ota right now, this would be keeping the best of both services. IF DISH bounces back this summer or by the end of the year , I will probably go back to them for all my hd needs. Right now because of FORCED overtime from the state of Texas and the fact that there is no end to the forced overtime , I will be able to afford both sat services for the next 2 years.

This will also give me a chance to see how the other side works and the dvrs , video on demand over the ethernet, etc work. I can then start making comparisons or contrasts made on a first hand basis ,since I will have both services for hd . I am kind of looking forward to the install. I only hope that since I scheduled between 8 - 12 that they will show up sometime in the day when there in light.
Haha, kind of figured that;)

Well I hope it goes smoothly. If you have any questions, i would be glad to help, if I can:up

How many movies on the voom networks are true HD? If I had to guess ,not many if any! I didn't know "Brain Eaters" was an HD original !I'd name another movie ,Voom only plays 1 a week.:p:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crappy sound on HD music channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)