New Directv Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingbiged

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
Oregon City, OR
hello, I just made the switch from D* to DirecTV. Finally, enough from them with price increases and disputes with channels.

I have 2 DVR's and 2 HD boxes ordered for installation, and I was wondering if they will send the HR24 boxes for the DVR's? I have also requested the MRV installation as well.

I can't wait to get it installed, it is going to be a warm welcome!

There's no guarantee what HD DVRs you'll get. You can't demand HR24s. You can tell the installer to leave of he doesn't bring HR24s but that's no guarantee you'll get HR24s if the install appointment is rescheduled.

The easiest and cost effective install would be HR24's and H24's.

Make sure they install one DECA to your Internet connection for TV APPS and VOD.

Your discretion to postpone install for the 24 series would be respected. I think there's still a fair chance they'll have them for you. No guarantees but good to fair chance, IMO.

Congrats! Welcome Aboard.. Let us know how it goes and enjoy.. :)

DISH NETWORK was never ever know as ECHOSTAR. It's been called DISH NETWORK ever since it was launched in 1996. It was spun off from ECHOSTAR in 2008 so now it has nothing to do with ECHOSTAR. I wish people would quit referring to DISH NETWORK as E*.
:rolleyes:

I too am getting an install tomorrow- one DVR and one reciever. What would be the alternative if not the 24 series? Why should I ask for this over something else? Just curious, I see everyone say that on the boards but not why, I'd like to sound informed tomorrow in case it becomes an issue. Thanks.

DISH NETWORK was never ever know as ECHOSTAR. It's been called DISH NETWORK ever since it was launched in 1996. It was spun off from ECHOSTAR in 2008 so now it has nothing to do with ECHOSTAR. I wish people would quit referring to DISH NETWORK as E*.
:rolleyes:

Your FUNNY :D

WAY BACK when it all started, DISH NETWORK was OWNED by Echostar and they went by E*.
DISH has since been sold many times but still go by the E* or DISH Network name, has for a long time and probably will always be know that way.

Ever since the internet came around and Echostar was here it's always been that way.

I too am getting an install tomorrow- one DVR and one reciever. What would be the alternative if not the 24 series? Why should I ask for this over something else? Just curious, I see everyone say that on the boards but not why, I'd like to sound informed tomorrow in case it becomes an issue. Thanks.

Speed is the main reason, the processor is new and works much quicker than the older units.

The others you would probably get would be H/HR 21,22 or 23's, they are all based on the older HR20 series, they were a very good HD DVR for a long time and I find that they are still (HR20-700) better than the newer 21, 22 and 23's.

Thanks for the info, I started digging around a few pages back and found some better comparisons as well. I guess I need to demand (nicely) HR24 for the DVR, plus, one less box from what I can tell (DECA built in or something). I guess I just cancel the install if they don't have one?

EDIT: are the models clearly marked? will I be able to tell by looking at it what model it is? The HR24 should not need a separate DECA box, right?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I started digging around a few pages back and found some better comparisons as well. I guess I need to demand (nicely) HR24 for the DVR, plus, one less box from what I can tell (DECA built in or something). I guess I just cancel the install if they don't have one?

EDIT: are the models clearly marked? will I be able to tell by looking at it what model it is? The HR24 should not need a separate DECA box, right?

The HR20's have DECA built into them, so nothing extra on them.

They will say the model on the Access Card door also on the back panel as well as on the BOX itseld, provided the installer brings the box (the box it is packed in that is), he should bring the box in as it has the AC and power cables and remote and what not in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts