New Directv receiver picking up SD channels but not HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zachew

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
United States
This evening I received a new HD receiver for my bedroom. Up until today I had an SD receiver in the bedroom, an SD receiver in another room and an HD DVR in my living room. The person I spoke with said the new box should just need to be plugged in and it would work. It does, sort of. The SD channels are working just fine but when I go to any HD channel it tells me its searching for signal in Satellite 1 and gives me error code 771. I've already had to change some things because I was getting error code 771A and before then it wouldn't do anything, including load the guide. What is my problem and how can I remedy the situation?

This evening I received a new HD receiver for my bedroom. Up until today I had an SD receiver in the bedroom, an SD receiver in another room and an HD DVR in my living room. The person I spoke with said the new box should just need to be plugged in and it would work. It does, sort of. The SD channels are working just fine but when I go to any HD channel it tells me its searching for signal in Satellite 1 and gives me error code 771. I've already had to change some things because I was getting error code 771A and before then it wouldn't do anything, including load the guide. What is my problem and how can I remedy the situation?

What model reciever is it your havin this problem with and do you have a SWM system.

Welcome to the Site !!!

What recvr is it .....
IF it's NOT a SWM set up, you'll need BBC's before you'll get HD.

Seeing you said you have a HD DVR already, look at them back of the HD recvr and see if you have anything coming out of the back of the recvr connected to the coax, IF so they are BBC's and you need them for the HD, otherwise, if there is a straight connection, then I would guess you have a SWM set up and the coax goes to a Splitter or a Power Insertor.

I'm not sure what receiver it is. It's a black HD non dvr receiver. When I did the set up it said I did not have an SWM system. I believe it said it was a multiswitch when I was setting up the Satellite type.

I'm not sure what receiver it is. It's a black HD non dvr receiver. When I did the set up it said I did not have an SWM system. I believe it said it was a multiswitch when I was setting up the Satellite type.

Are you there where you can look at it ?

IF you hold the INFO button down for about 5 seconds it will bring up the Info and Test screen.

Top line will tell you the recvr model, in the More System Info down aways it will tell you the Dish type.

Call D* and tell them you need one for your receiver, they will send it to you. They may charge you for delivery. You can also get them from solid signal. Or if you see a D* van doing an install, ask the tech if he can give you one. The tech might give you a bbc for free or for a few dollars.

H21/200 I don't see where it says dish type, it just says receiver, receiver ID, Access card and Software.

Are you there where you can look at it ?

IF you hold the INFO button down for about 5 seconds it will bring up the Info and Test screen.

Top line will tell you the recvr model, in the More System Info down aways it will tell you the Dish type.

Check again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)