New Directv Subscriber

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zexel8888

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Just ordered Directv online. Am currently Dish subscriber with the absolute programming that they are dropping. Ordered Choice+ with two hd dvr`s. What is the chance I`ll get the hr24`s? I read they are the newest and best receiver.

It depends upon what is available in your area. If you are getting mrv, then the odds go up of you getting an HR24.

Not really, it all has to do with availability.
You having MRV vs not makes no difference when I grab receivers.

From other posts I have read, getting mrv gives you a better chance of getting an HR24.

Not at our shop.
Equipment is on an availability basis.

Sometimes I actually prefer to put an HR21, HR22, or HR23 in because I can wire them directly in to the router without disabling the deca removing the need for a a broadband deca.
I can't do that with the HR24.
So, if I have both one of those and HR24's available, I will try and grab both.

Sometimes I actually prefer to put an HR21, HR22, or HR23 in because I can wire them directly in to the router without disabling the deca removing the need for a a broadband deca.

I thought this was an unsupported config and they don't want you doing that? The HR21/22/23 then becomes the internet connection device for the whole DECA network and increases processor load, on a receiver that is already slower than it should be. For $25 isn't it better to minimize the load on the receiver.

I thought this was an unsupported config and they don't want you doing that? The HR21/22/23 then becomes the internet connection device for the whole DECA network and increases processor load, on a receiver that is already slower than it should be. For $25 isn't it better to minimize the load on the receiver.
According to my Best friend who is a D* tech as well . Says NO they don't want you to do that.

And Yes Jason you are correct.

Not at our shop.
Equipment is on an availability basis.

I can't do that with the HR24.
So, if I have both one of those and HR24's available, I will try and grab both.

I think it makes for a better looking install if DVR and receivers are all the same series. 24s make for a little cleaner looking install w/o receiver decas. As long as they are getting MRV and i don't have to reach into that stack of refurbed H20s it doesn't make that much difference.

As long as they are getting MRV and i don't have to reach into that stack of refurbed H20s it doesn't make that much difference.

Yeah, we got a few of those HR20 refurbs latelty but rest assured, installers will do everything in their power not to take these for MRV jobs.
We only use those for upgrades.

They never informed us of this.
Makes sense though.

Black boxes good....silver boxes bad, bad. We have been required to use H20s when no dvr is on w. order. (Still SWM, though) Had tons of them for a while. When you have that many of a particular model that are available as a refurb is says a lot about them not being too good on their 1st trip into the world. I've been known to sit back-hoping the few we have left are gone when i get my equip for the day. What? No more H20s? OK, I guess I'll have to use 24s if I have to. LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts