New Directv Tivo finally nears launch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't take pricing from that pic. It shows a heart and special value message, which is what they show in the cart when they offer an account-specific discount on equipment.
Very well could be $199.

What I find more curious is the $5 Tivo fee, which is not the same as the $6 DVR fee?

I think it is still up in the air. Completely leaving out that speculation is the hardware is older/slower than the HR24 series and cannot do multi-room.

Guys i really think that its just a typo on d* part to be honest with you. Because i work for D* and i would have herd something about this roll out. The next big thing is HR25 with wifi. I hope it happens but i just dont think its gonna, I MISS MY pea nut remote.

Guys i really think that its just a typo on d* part to be honest with you. Because i work for D* and i would have herd something about this roll out. The next big thing is HR25 with wifi. I hope it happens but i just dont think its gonna, I MISS MY pea nut remote.

I appreciate that you work for DTV but that would be quite a typo, don't you think?

I wouldn't take pricing from that pic. It shows a heart and special value message, which is what they show in the cart when they offer an account-specific discount on equipment.
Very well could be $199.

What I find more curious is the $5 Tivo fee, which is not the same as the $6 DVR fee?

I think it is still up in the air. Completely leaving out that speculation is the hardware is older/slower than the HR24 series and cannot do multi-room.

Some sites are saying the $5 figure is just for the Tivo, you would still pay the $6 as well.

Some sites are saying the $5 figure is just for the Tivo, you would still pay the $6 as well.

Leave it to DirecTV to make a tough sell even tougher. $11 Tivo DVR fee plus the $6 lease fee. Getting close to Dish receiver rates.

I personally dont miss the Tivo but I know my wife liked it. The key for me has to be the integration with the other Directv units. If it can't do whole house sharing then this is a complete no go. I love how my 3 DVRs work together as a collective with the power of recording 6 things at once. Cant lose that feature!

To me this is nothing more than a marketing deal to try to help save TiVo and to appease those that honestly still think TiVo is the gold standard when its merely nothing more than a known name for a long while now..

I know I am going to get virtual tomoatoes thrown at me but the Direct Dvr's have changed so much; smart search, quickview (I thats what its called where you can store about nine channels), VOD and such. Is there really a great demand for the Tivo's unless they have grown as well, and my first DVR with Direct was a TIVO.

Though giving customers other options is not a bad thing I guess, though with posible monthly fees being thrown around.....

The main reason I would consider the Tivo version is to be able to transfer my recordings to an external device for when I travel (and not have to stream movies/shows). They seem to be the only company that has the tools to support this.. I loved my PocketDish!!

The main reason I would consider the Tivo version is to be able to transfer my recordings to an external device for when I travel (and not have to stream movies/shows). They seem to be the only company that has the tools to support this.. I loved my PocketDish!!

Don't forget that the older Directv Tivo's did not support all of the same features as the stand alone Tivo. They could easily remove many of the features in this version also.

Consider just about every major company like NBC and HBO (and their owners) have successfully sued in the past to get file offloading and auto-commercial skips removed; don't hold your breath for them now. It would be a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
I know I am going to get virtual tomoatoes thrown at me but the Direct Dvr's have changed so much; smart search, quickview (I thats what its called where you can store about nine channels), VOD and such. Is there really a great demand for the Tivo's unless they have grown as well, and my first DVR with Direct was a TIVO.

Though giving customers other options is not a bad thing I guess, though with posible monthly fees being thrown around.....

I go along with that. I use to have TiVo's, but there have been so many fixes and improvements with DirecTV's own DVRs, I'm satisfied with what I have and won't be lusting over the new TiVo when it comes out, especially if there's an additional fee.

There's always going to be people who just have to have the newest and the best and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just not one of them. I can just see it now, people will be on the boards complaining that they wanted a TiVo, but all the installer had was one of those "damn" HR-24s.

Jason Crandall said:
Leave it to DirecTV to make a tough sell even tougher. $11 Tivo DVR fee plus the $6 lease fee. Getting close to Dish receiver rates.

That would be like paying more for a Model-T vs a BMW.

Not only would I not pay more for a TiVo, they would have to pay me to use it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

satjay said:

Cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want a D TiVo over an HR24

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

will it only have a 1/2 hr live buffer, like the premier does that i have? i like the hr and 1/2 live buffer that the hr22-100 had, the only thing the hr22-100 lacks is they only have a swap mode for the other tuner for 2 hrs. and i doubt very much that it will have the same software that the premier hd xl that i use also for cable with a cable card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)