New Dish 1000.2 Installation Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lwvmobile

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Tallahassee Area
Got my 1000.2 in today, and seems to be working.

However, I haven't been able to get 129 with it, just 110 and 119.
I have a 722 receiver, do I need to run two cables off of the lnb to the receiver.

Also, about not getting in 129, currently I am running just one cable from port 1 on the lnb directly into the 722. I get the switch error after running the test as I expected I might, but does this have any ill affect on not receiving 129 at all?
In other words, do I need two cables run to get sat 129.

I tried to pull the documentation and search the forums, but was still confused so I posted a new topic.

Thanks.

one cable to seperator is all you need if your not getting 129 its because of obstruction of 129 or dish settings are not right or you just need to tune in better

Cover the left and right lnbs with foil and see which satellite you get with the center lnb.

It should be 119, if it is 110, you are pointed about 11-12 degrees too far east, swing it 11-12 degrees west and down 2-3 degrees.

If it is 119, then your 129 lnb or the built in switch may be bad.

I tweaked the signal a bit more for 119, making sure its coming over the center lnb and I got up to 70+ on those, but now when I check signal for satellite 129, I get wrong satellite 119. Any suggestions on how to adjust it from this information, or is this helpful at all on how to further adjust it to receive 129?

I tweaked the signal a bit more for 119, making sure its coming over the center lnb and I got up to 70+ on those, but now when I check signal for satellite 129, I get wrong satellite 119. Any suggestions on how to adjust it from this information, or is this helpful at all on how to further adjust it to receive 129?

Looking at the installation manual that is packed with the 1000.2, using the zip code for your address, what is the skew shown to be?

What installation manual? LOL:)

It didn't come packed with one, but I pulled a PDF for installing it, and also used dishpointer.com as well.

According to dish pointer, for 32066 you need 135.4 skew, same thing in the manual PDF.

I have been trying to raise and lower the skew a bit to see if that does the trick, but no luck yet, going back to work with it some more.

What installation manual? LOL:)

It didn't come packed with one, but I pulled a PDF for installing it, and also used dishpointer.com as well.

According to dish pointer, for 32066 you need 135.4 skew, same thing in the manual PDF.

I have been trying to raise and lower the skew a bit to see if that does the trick, but no luck yet, going back to work with it some more.

My experience with yur 1000.2 has taught me to make absolutely certain that the mounting post is plumb. Just a suggestion.

one cable to seperator is all you need if your not getting 129 its because of obstruction of 129 or dish settings are not right or you just need to tune in better

Just re-reading over all of this, I don't have a seperator, I do/did have a dp34 switch with two cables running from it to the receiver that I am currently bypassing and currently have one direct cable running strait from the 722 to the 1000.2. Does this hurt my finding 129?

I am currently awaiting a second cable to arrive in the meantime.

Just re-reading over all of this, I don't have a seperator, I do/did have a dp34 switch with two cables running from it to the receiver that I am currently bypassing and currently have one direct cable running strait from the 722 to the 1000.2. Does this hurt my finding 129?

I am currently awaiting a second cable to arrive in the meantime.

The triple used with 1000.2 is not designed to be used with an external switch. Run coax from lnb direct to seperator. Perform check switch. Will not work without sep., using triple, on dual tuner hardware.

So I do need a seperator? Or can I just run two cables directly from the triple lnb to the sat 1 and 2 input?

In the meantime, does only having one cable straight from 722 to the triple lnb port 1 cause problems in locating 129 as far as a point signal/switch test is concerned?

So I do need a seperator? Or can I just run two cables directly from the triple lnb to the sat 1 and 2 input?

In the meantime, does only having one cable straight from 722 to the triple lnb port 1 cause problems in locating 129 as far as a point signal/switch test is concerned?

1. no 2. yes Find a sep. and problem solved.

I still bet you are seeing 119 with the 129 lnb and 110 with the 119 lnb.

Swing the dish 10-12 degrees west and drop the elevation 2-3 degrees.

Hate to drag up old threads, but I thought I would revive this one just to ask a few questions. I never did get 129 in and thought I would give it a shot since football season is in now.

On a 722, with a properly set 1000.2, what is the correct order for the readout. Currently, I have 119 - 110 - x - x, hoping to get 129 in.

Is it supposed to be 110 - 119 - 129 - x, or is it supposed to be 119 - 110 - 129 -x like the nice little graphic in the pdf shows me?

Thanks.

Sorry, yet another question.

Does 1 receiver, namely, the 722, using 2 seperate cables from the 1000.2 triple lnb to tuner 1 and tuner 2 inputs, provide enough power for all three lnbs? I am kind of wondering if this might be my issue.

All you need is one cable from the 1000.2 to the 722 then a seperator at the back of the 722 one side to each sat tuner.

The 722 provides plenty of power to the lnb's and switch.

Only the DPP44 switch requires a power inserter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts