New Dish 922 Spec Sheet

If they way they are doing DishONLINE now has any indication then there will likely be a decent amount of stuff available for free. The question is how easy is it going to be to find stuff.

Good Question, Is DISHONLINE, set up differently then on current recivers?

I figured out what dish needs to do about the remote. They need to add the technology from the Wii to the standard remote then we can use the Diimote for the graphical interface. This has to be better than using the arrow keys (or the touch pad) to move around the graphical interface.

I have a practical question about the sling feature. When watching programming remotely via sling feature, does it actively display that programming on TV1 or TV2? Or does it play the programming independently of TV1 and TV2, allowing those TVs to watch other programming?

On another note: Anyone know of any plans for DISH to provide a back up service for DVR settings and timers? A few weeks back, our 722 went belly up suddenly so we not only lost all the programming on the DVR, but also all of the many preferences and timers. I feel the content is easy come, easy go so am less concerned about that (plus we have an external drive), but it is the settings that were the real loss. We are still trying to get it back the way it was and providing some trepidation about going through this again in a few months if we upgrade. Oh yeah, redoing the favorites lists on two TVs was really unpleasant.

This is the only content computer device I have that I cannot backup! Anyone else have the desire for a way to back up your DVR?

Thanks for all the great information in this forum!

It shows TV2.

As for the other question I have been telling them to allow us to backu settings to an external USB memory deivce. They are trying to backup the timers to the remotes of units like the 722k however it would be much easier (and less costly for dish) to allow us to plug in USB memory and backup to our own memory sticks.

It shows TV2.

As for the other question I have been telling them to allow us to backu settings to an external USB memory deivce. They are trying to backup the timers to the remotes of units like the 722k however it would be much easier (and less costly for dish) to allow us to plug in USB memory and backup to our own memory sticks.

Great suggestion on the USB, Scott! I've probably spent at least 6 hours trying to get everything back. Given their focus on customer service, I would think a backup feature would be a nice fit.

Thanks for the info!

Or how about being able to export the timers from the remote access website to a file. I would think that would be even easier.

Or how about being able to export the timers from the remote access website to a file. I would think that would be even easier.

+1... Your timers should always be backed up online if you are ethernet connected. If I can feed you my data, at least have the courtesy to backup my stuff :)

There will be... Dvr fees on accounts with a 922 will be $10 instead of $7.

Pass.....That takes the incxentive to switch from cable to satellite.
Point....The current monthly charge for TWC's HD DVr is about 10 bucks a month.
Knowing how people shop on price first, it will be an issue with some prospective Dish custy's if they are informed the DVR fee will be the same as the amount they are paying for their current setup.
Yes, one can sell the idea of a superior piece of equipment. But when it comes down to brass tacks, if we attempt to sell Dish to a cable custy that is happy with their current service, if there is little or no savings on a monthly bill, it will be a tough sell. JMO.

The 922 sounds amazing but the lack of IR on the unit is a real turn off to me. It forces one to have 2 controllers...they should have allowed for the RF remote, but is the addition of an IR sensor for people with their own universal remotes that hard?

Pass.....That takes the incxentive to switch from cable to satellite.
Point....The current monthly charge for TWC's HD DVr is about 10 bucks a month.
Knowing how people shop on price first, it will be an issue with some prospective Dish custy's if they are informed the DVR fee will be the same as the amount they are paying for their current setup.
Yes, one can sell the idea of a superior piece of equipment. But when it comes down to brass tacks, if we attempt to sell Dish to a cable custy that is happy with their current service, if there is little or no savings on a monthly bill, it will be a tough sell. JMO.

long term to charlie is just a few months at best, he is attempting to maximize profits, right before sale of the company

The 922 sounds amazing but the lack of IR on the unit is a real turn off to me. It forces one to have 2 controllers...they should have allowed for the RF remote, but is the addition of an IR sensor for people with their own universal remotes that hard?
It HAS IR and it WORKS now! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)