New Dish Anywhere browser app does not work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I just tried using Dish Anywhere to watch live TV with Firefox. When I clicked on Live TV, Dish Anywhere said there was new software that had to be downloaded. I downloaded and installed the new Dish Anywhere software and now nothing at all works.

When I select Live TV, a new Dish Anywhere window opens and an initializing progress bar scrolls across the screen. After it is done, nothing happens. This sucks!!!

Has anyone else seen this issue? Does anyone have the new Dish Anywhere software working?

EDIT: After uninstalling/reinstalling the new software and after trying it over and over again multiple times, it finally started to work! Now, when you watch a video, it opens in a new resizable window! I hope that this software is more reliable than the previous versions.

I usually use Safari for DishAnywhere. I just loaded Firefox, downloaded the software, and all works perfectly. I usually have to come out of the program and then re establish it to make things work. I didn't do that this time and it worked directly.

Thanks for trying that!

I think part of my original problem was that Dish was having one of its frequent authorization problems. It does appear to be working now. I do prefer the separate Slingplayer window over the way it used to be.

It looks like Slingplayer no longer relies on browser plug-ins or browser extensions to work with Firefox. Perhaps this is the answer to the "signing" problem that Firefox introduced with the latest versions of their browser.

Another thread covered this problem. Many of us had the same problem with Firefox after they had an update. I moved to IE and Edge. Both of those work fine. I have never gone back. Supposedly Firefox and Dish fixed the problem. However, once bit and away we went.

Actually, now that it is working, I like this version of Slingplayer better than any previous version. No plug-ins or extensions required for Firefox!

Also, you can now reset the value of "xpinstall.signatures.required" back to "True". We had previously had to set that value to "False" as a temporary fix for the Firefox "signing" problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)