New Dish Customer - Need To Add Tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BigBird0000

Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
las vegas
I just got Dish installed. The equipment listed is:

Slimline HB1000.2
2 Joey 2.0
1 Hopper Sling

However, There are only 3 tuners -- I need more than that to record shows.

Can I upgrade the Hopper to a Hopper 3 to get more tuners... same wiring?
Can I do this as a new customer (I rent the equipment right now)

Thanks

Slimline HB1000.2
2 Joey 2.0
1 Hopper Sling

Thanks
You really should have done your homework before installation. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners. There will be some wiring differences between the Hopper with Sling and the Hopper 3. The Hopper 3 needs to be in a hybrid environment so will need either a hybrid LNB or have a hybrid 42 switch installed. You might ask DISH if you can have an upgrade to the Hopper 3 because the HWS they just installed doesn’t meet your criteria.

Slimline HB1000.2
2 Joey 2.0
1 Hopper Sling

Thanks

When was the install?

It's the same wiring and maybe even the same LNB on the dish.

Contact whoever you ordered it from, which was hopefully a local retailer. If it was Dish directly then contact them. There will probably be some kind of upgrade fee depending on the account.

You really should have done your homework before installation. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners. There will be some wiring differences between the Hopper with Sling and the Hopper 3. The Hopper 3 needs to be in a hybrid environment so will need either a hybrid LNB or have a hybrid 42 switch installed. You might ask DISH if you can have an upgrade to the Hopper 3 because the HWS they just installed doesn’t meet your criteria.

Almost all Hopper installs include a Hybrid LNB and a Hub these days. :)

Since he has a slimline LNB< he's already Hybrid

Yeah, I was looking at the options, and my wife placed the order with them without me telling her
what we needed. I will try calling them. I wish my wife asked first, but I am surprised that they would only have 3 tuners, not allowing any recordings if everyone has their TV on. We screwed up.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, I was looking at the options, and my wife placed the order with them without me telling her
what we needed. I will try calling them. I wish my wife asked first, but I am surprised that they would only have 3 tuners, not allowing any recordings if everyone has their TV on. We screwed up.

The Hopper 2 that you got was probably the no cost option. A Hopper 3 probably had a $50 or $100 extra fee.

Just call DISH and if you get a male csr, just blame it on the non-techie wife. They'll understand and believe you.

Or, if you get a female csr, just take total blame for the screwup and explain that your wife is really pissed at you and you have to come up with a solution to keep peace in the house. They'll believe you and sympathize.

But, if you get one of those confused types, just beg and cry a lot....................or hang up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)