This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Dish customer. VERY Happy so far.

mboogey73

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I had a D* installer call no dice on an install last week. E* came out today and I'm golden. Had to get two dishes because I live in Miami. Have a 722 in the living room hooked up to a 42" plasma, and a 622 hooked to a 37" in the bedroom. The 722 is fantastic. Light years ahead of the one I had with Comcast for years. PIP is great, and the guide is fast. Love the HD content. I know D* has more HD, but E* has most of the ones I wanted. I could care less about Scifi and USA in HD.

Very happy E* customer so far!!

Glad to hear things went well and yes the DISH ROCKS!!

Please remember that is the internet. So Please only post rants, complains, and bashings.

Dish sucks, Direct sucks, Comcrap sucks, did I mention dish sucks?

Seriously, glad your happy!

Now you have to learn all the little features your equipment has to offer, like DVR button twice to go directly into the dvr menu.

Actually DISH has more hd channels by 1 if you are counting all rsns and pay per views: DISH 75 /DIRECTV 74 . But if you are counting actually channels that people want then yes Directv has more channels with Sci-fi, Fx, STarz and SHowtime channels in hd. FUnny thing is Directv is supposed to have more hd sports & Dish is supposed to have more movie channels but now it is reversed . DISH has more rsns in hd and Directv has more movie channels in hd.

I also am a new DISH subscriber and aside from something of a learning curve to adjust to the 722's single/dual mode and the remotes... I couldn't be happier.

The HD feeds look amazing (way better than the TW digital cable crap they call HD) and the DVR functionality is simply great.

I think I might be looking into a portable dish player to transfer some of the tons of recordings I've been making (lots of hockey games and movies) and watch them on the go.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good player to transfer the DVR content to I'd be happy to hear it.

DISH rocks... I just hope there's not buyout like I've been reading... I got DISH to select from the multiple feeds and HD for Center Ice, which cable and D* do not provide. I fear that could go away if someone else was running the show.

Cheers to DISH! (although I would like my Sci-Fi in HD when BSG returns!)

:up

I might as well get on this bandwagon. I've had Dish for about a month and a half and have been really pleased so far. And I agree, the 722 is a super DVR. Only downside is the lack of locals in HD. Hopefully they are coming soon.

Maybe it's not the "Sound of Music" to trumpet right now but I too, am a happy Dish subscriber.

The truth is, there will never be a time when we don't want something; especially what we don't have. The grass (Direct TV) seems much greener, as of late, to some. That's the nature of the beast (subscribers).

Do I wish we had more movie channels in HD? Sure! Are there other HD channels I would like? Sure, again! Our time will come sooner than later albeit I realize patience is not a virtue for us at this time.

Wish I had my Dish, I was supposed to get it last Friday, but they have to put it on a pole so we have till wait till Tomarrow for them to mark our power / water / gas lines.

And I canceled Charter last Monday, So I have been without for a week now. And my Colts play tonight... sigh...

Well, wish me luck with the install tomarrow.