New Dish customer. VERY Happy so far.

mboogey73

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I had a D* installer call no dice on an install last week. E* came out today and I'm golden. Had to get two dishes because I live in Miami. Have a 722 in the living room hooked up to a 42" plasma, and a 622 hooked to a 37" in the bedroom. The 722 is fantastic. Light years ahead of the one I had with Comcast for years. PIP is great, and the guide is fast. Love the HD content. I know D* has more HD, but E* has most of the ones I wanted. I could care less about Scifi and USA in HD.

Very happy E* customer so far!!

Dish sucks, Direct sucks, Comcrap sucks, did I mention dish sucks? :)

Seriously, glad your happy! :D

Now you have to learn all the little features your equipment has to offer, like DVR button twice to go directly into the dvr menu.

I had a D* installer call no dice on an install last week. E* came out today and I'm golden. Had to get two dishes because I live in Miami. Have a 722 in the living room hooked up to a 42" plasma, and a 622 hooked to a 37" in the bedroom. The 722 is fantastic. Light years ahead of the one I had with Comcast for years. PIP is great, and the guide is fast. Love the HD content. I know D* has more HD, but E* has most of the ones I wanted. I could care less about Scifi and USA in HD.

Very happy E* customer so far!!

Actually DISH has more hd channels by 1 if you are counting all rsns and pay per views: DISH 75 /DIRECTV 74 . But if you are counting actually channels that people want then yes Directv has more channels with Sci-fi, Fx, STarz and SHowtime channels in hd. FUnny thing is Directv is supposed to have more hd sports & Dish is supposed to have more movie channels but now it is reversed . DISH has more rsns in hd and Directv has more movie channels in hd.

I also am a new DISH subscriber and aside from something of a learning curve to adjust to the 722's single/dual mode and the remotes... I couldn't be happier.

The HD feeds look amazing (way better than the TW digital cable crap they call HD) and the DVR functionality is simply great.

I think I might be looking into a portable dish player to transfer some of the tons of recordings I've been making (lots of hockey games and movies) and watch them on the go.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good player to transfer the DVR content to I'd be happy to hear it.

DISH rocks... I just hope there's not buyout like I've been reading... I got DISH to select from the multiple feeds and HD for Center Ice, which cable and D* do not provide. I fear that could go away if someone else was running the show.

Cheers to DISH! (although I would like my Sci-Fi in HD when BSG returns!)

:up

I might as well get on this bandwagon. I've had Dish for about a month and a half and have been really pleased so far. And I agree, the 722 is a super DVR. Only downside is the lack of locals in HD. Hopefully they are coming soon.

Maybe it's not the "Sound of Music" to trumpet right now but I too, am a happy Dish subscriber.

The truth is, there will never be a time when we don't want something; especially what we don't have. The grass (Direct TV) seems much greener, as of late, to some. That's the nature of the beast (subscribers).

Do I wish we had more movie channels in HD? Sure! Are there other HD channels I would like? Sure, again! Our time will come sooner than later albeit I realize patience is not a virtue for us at this time.

Wish I had my Dish, I was supposed to get it last Friday, but they have to put it on a pole so we have till wait till Tomarrow for them to mark our power / water / gas lines.

And I canceled Charter last Monday, So I have been without for a week now. And my Colts play tonight... sigh...

Well, wish me luck with the install tomarrow. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)