new DISH customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miker57

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Hello, I had been a D* customer for 12+ years and just made the switch to E*.

The 722 and 1000.2 dish w/AT200+SilverHD packages was installed last Friday. When the tech left, the OTA's and all the HD channels and program guide were all working fine. I believe the 722 initially had an L5xx sw level on it.

Sometime during the next 24 hours, the L610 code was installed and several strange problems appeared.

The first one was I lost all OTA reception. Running the Locals Search found 0% signal on all the previous channels that were coming in better than 70%. As a test, I connected the OTA connection directly to my TV and the TV signal meter showed all the channels had 70%+ strength. I move the cable back to the OTA interface on the 722 and nothing. It's like the 722 OTA interface went bad or something. I have service scheduled to come out on Saturday.

The second problem was that all my HD channels disappeared from the Guide. They had been interlaced with the regular SD channels throughout the Guide. I finally located most of the HD channels up in the 94xx channel range. I called E* TS to find out what happened, and they told me that this is normal and I would have to now tune to the 94xx range to watch HD. I searched this forum and found no similar behavior documented, so I'm wondering if the E* Tech was giving me a line of bs and that there really is some type of error with this new code level. My feeling is that the channel mapping got messaged up, but how can it be corrected if E* support says it's working as designed and refused to look into any further.

I have also seen the other documented issues w/L610 like the smart-card popup msg etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mike in MN

Gary,

I had power cycled the 722 several times. I tried all the easy stuff before posting :). No luck. Still no OTA signal. I can wait till the service tech shows up Saturday. I think I have a HW issue.

Regarding the missing HD channels from the guide (All chan, All Sub, All HD, lists), I recalled the last thing I did was create my own Favorites List when the HD channels disappeared from the channels below 94xx for ALL lists.

I just tried the Menu>System Setup>Factory Defaults option , and THEY CAME BACK!! So there must be a bug with creating favorites for the first time or something that affected all lists.

I now see all the HD channels interlieved throughout the guide again (ie: 311=MAX-W SD and MAX-W HD, 313=ACMAX and ACMAX HD, HDNET = 362 again, HDTHR=364 again,etc). They are also still in the 94xx range as well.

I am not impressed by Dish Customer Support for not taking my problem seriously and giving me the bs line that it was working as designed.

I hope this workaround will be helpful to others that have the same issue, since E* Support doesn't seem to take bug reports.

Mike

If I'm reading what you want correctly, with the the HD channels showing up near the SD version,

Hit MENU 6 9 CHANNEL DISPLAY

Check HD PRIORITY DISABLE

This is on a 622, I'm assuming the menu is the same on a 722.

That might have been it, but it's unusual that it is found under the Local Channels menu item. The Chan Display box with the options for Local Sat Channels (HD+SD) and DishHD channels (Enabled) are my current settings. I might have disabled DishHD inadvertantly when trying to get my OTA Locals back.

I tested with the DishHD option Disabled and it was pretty much the same behavior of the problem I was seeing.

Factory Defaults must have set DishHD Enabled again.

Thanks!

Solved the OTA problem. I had a 5 MHz - 1.0GHz splitter between the diplexer and the 722 OTA input. The 722 local channel search function doesn't work with the splitter for some reason. I directly cabled the 722 OTA interface to the diplexer and re-ran the Local Search and all the locals appeared. Once the local channels were saved, I added the splitter back in-line and all is well. Local signals in the high 90's. I did a system reset and the locals are still there so I guess the issue is solved.

722 with L610 still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts