New Dish Customer

justandra

Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
United States
Hello and thanks in advance. I got Dish installed today but the tech told me I am only able to get SD channels because of some tree tops. Well at the moment I am able to get at least 10 HD channels but some of the main ones I really want (Tennis, Comedy Central, ABC, NBC, CBS, TBS, etc) are not coming in HD, only SD. Why is that? Are they on a different satellite? If the top of the trees go away (winter is coming, or they meet an untimely demise) will that help and if so, would the tech have to come back out for a service?

Please be more specific with your location. There are two "arc" systems with Dish...Eastern and Western.

YOU need to complain to DISH You must have HD equipment to be receiving 10 channels but if the installer couldn't get all needed satellites it shouldn't have been installed.

boba said:
YOU need to complain to DISH You must have HD equipment to be receiving 10 channels but if the installer couldn't get all needed satellites it shouldn't have been installed.

The HD he's getting is probably from 110 or 61.5. Did the installer TELL you there were Los problems. If he did, I would blame the OP, not the installer!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hello and thanks in advance. I got Dish installed today but the tech told me I am only able to get SD channels because of some tree tops. Well at the moment I am able to get at least 10 HD channels but some of the main ones I really want (Tennis, Comedy Central, ABC, NBC, CBS, TBS, etc) are not coming in HD, only SD. Why is that? Are they on a different satellite? If the top of the trees go away (winter is coming, or they meet an untimely demise) will that help and if so, would the tech have to come back out for a service?

If you PM me with your phone number or account, I'll take a look at what happened, and see what we can do for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts