NEW Dish DHA Promo?

DanH

Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
I was clued into a promo over at allsat.com via the AVS Forum.

It listed up to 4 rooms free (including mixes and matches of multiple 811's and multiple single or dual tuner DVR's... of course not the 921, or you can go with just one room with one 811 decoder) with no commitment (you can cancel any time) via the DHA agreement, and no additional outlet fees.

How does this jive with the promos at Dishstore.com? Is this the newest (and best offering), and will the Dish Store be switching over soon (or bettering it), or is the $149 programming credit offer via Dish Store now still valid and the better deal?

For a newb to satellite I'd want to go with the best offer possible, obviously. The no commitment clause looks tempting.

Would anyone in the "know" be able to shed some light on this matter?

Thanks!

Dan

That sounds correct. Give Claude a call at 313-365-6006 and ask him for the details. :)

He hasn't updated the graphics yet for the store (He has been busy moving DishRetailer.COM to a new server)

Anyone besides me think it's a crock that only DHA customers can have the additional outlet fees waived? I understand new customers getting free or discounted equipment, but waiving a monthly fee, only for DHA customers makes no sense to me.

I think us existing customers outta get that promotion. If not, then it should be a discrimination thing with DISH.

IndyMichael said:
Anyone besides me think it's a crock that only DHA customers can have the additional outlet fees waived? I understand new customers getting free or discounted equipment, but waiving a monthly fee, only for DHA customers makes no sense to me.

Unless I'm greating mistaken, those additional outlet fees are only waved if you have a 322/522. And then it's only waived with a 24/7 phone connection (so they can get lots viewing info, I suppose).

Seems silly to charge an extra receiver fee when it's nothing more than a 721 with an extra OUT unit.

I'm seriously looking at the 522, but there is that fear that the "waived" fee will no longer be waved, and then there's no cost benefit over DirecTV

The $149 programming credit ended 1/31/04. The promotion hasn't been updated yet on dishstore.net.

There are no additional outlet fees on DHA because the equipment is leased. If a customer has four 311 receivers, they are NOT charged the $4.99 add'l outlet fee, but are charged a $5 equipment lease charge per receiver.

As stated above, the 322 and 522 receivers only have to A/O fee if phone lines aren't continuously connected.

I would love to know when the 322/522 will be available to existing customers. I'm tired of getting the shaft on this. I like our 510, but hate only being able to record one thing and not be able to watch another. I just called just to see if I could get the CSR to tell me and I was told that the don't have that information yet. (as usual)

I have DHA package with Dishnetwork 322 Receiver

322 Receiver needs software modification, to eliminate incompatibility issues with non Echostar DVR units!
Screen Saver with Dish network Logo and Text (Push Select to Continue) pops up and gets recorded by my ReplayTV 5040 after daily Dish Network Software update and or every 4 hours if no remote control button is pushed. This Logo stays on screen and renders my ReplayTV 5040 TOTALLY USELESS.

EXTREEMLY ANOYING and TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE
I never had these ridiculous problems with my ReplayTV 5040 and Cable Company!
After more than 7 days and several calls to Dish Network Tech support, I may or may not have workable solution.
Whether this solution works or not it is very poor workaround at best.
I currently have 8 reminder timers (1 every 3 hours) set to simulate remote control activity, in order to keep the 4 hour inactivity screen saver from activating. Due to software updating Daily at 4:00 AM I had to set additional timer at 4:10 AM to keep from having screen saver started after software update.
SUGESTION PLEASE EXPEDITE SOFTWARE MODIFICATION ON 322 RECEIVERS TO INCLUDE CHECK BOX.
[ ] DISABLE SCREEN SAVER
This would be much preferred to my current workaround that may or may not work
ATTENTION THOSE WITH ANY TYPE RECORDING DEVICE being used with DISHNETWORK 322 receiver!
This work around works best!
Menu 616 takes you to Updates Screen then chose Activation Disable!
That’s it no more bouncy ball (Press Select to Continue) Dishnetwork Screen Saver.
Warning this workaround may cause other less serious but extremely aggravating problems due to Dishnetworks poorly written software!
322 Receiver incompatible with non Echostar DVR units due to poorly written software!

Delta4C said:
322 Receiver needs software modification, to eliminate incompatibility issues with non Echostar DVR units!
Screen Saver with Dish network Logo and Text (Push Select to Continue) pops up and gets recorded by my ReplayTV 5040 after daily Dish Network Software update and or every 4 hours if no remote control button is pushed. This Logo stays on screen and renders my ReplayTV 5040 TOTALLY USELESS.

After more than 7 days and several calls to Dish Network Tech support, I may or may not have workable solution.
I currently have 8 reminder timers (1 every 3 hours) set to simulate remote control activity, in order to keep the 4 hour inactivity screen saver from activating. Due to software updating Daily at 4:00 AM I had to set additional timer at 4:10 AM to keep from having screen saver started after software update.
SUGESTION PLEASE EXPEDITE SOFTWARE MODIFICATION ON 322 RECEIVERS TO INCLUDE CHECK BOX.
[ ] DISABLE SCREEN SAVER
ATTENTION THOSE WITH ANY TYPE RECORDING DEVICE being used with DISHNETWORK 322 receiver!
That’s it no more bouncy ball (Press Select to Continue) Dishnetwork Screen Saver.
Warning this workaround may cause other less serious but extremely aggravating problems due to Dishnetworks poorly written software!
322 Receiver incompatible with non Echostar DVR units due to poorly written software!

How about you leave some constructive criticism?

Delta4C said:

[ ] DISABLE SCREEN SAVER

How about you leave some constructive criticism?

Mainstreet said:
The $149 programming credit ended 1/31/04. The promotion hasn't been updated yet on dishstore.net.

There are no additional outlet fees on DHA because the equipment is leased. If a customer has four 311 receivers, they are NOT charged the $4.99 add'l outlet fee, but are charged a $5 equipment lease charge per receiver.

As stated above, the 322 and 522 receivers only have to A/O fee if phone lines aren't continuously connected.

Yes but unlike the old DHP lease plan their is no charge for the first receiver on the new DHA lease plan, and most DHA subs who want independent satellite channel selection for 4 TV's and do not want an HD receiver will get 2 x 322's or a single DVR522 and a 322 for only a single extra $5/mo charge and if one receiver is the DVR522 their will also be the standard $4.98/mo DVOD fee unless they also get the AEP programing package.