New Dish FINALLY installed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1st off very nice dish. an it should perform great once you get it peaked in.
an you're settings of the receiver an lnb voltage, need to be set the way Long Hair said an is right on.

you need to come up with a multi-switch, for you're ortho set up that you have their. I read threw this post this morning an see no mention of a multi-switch, or over look it. an 1 thing to not over look is some power insertors to feed the voltage to the lnb's, a standard mpeg receiver will output around 18-V on horizonial & 13-V on vertical, an work a multi-switch great. an c-band lnb's do not like low voltage feeding them you put a strain on their regulator an in time will louse the vertical lnb. now with that said I have found that with higher end lnb's (they are what you have their) that they will perform better with more voltage, here I use a BT power supply for De-Snower (commercial antenna pre amp supply) an their out put was little over 24-V, an what I did was regulate it with a pot from 15.8-V to 24.2-V, an if I turn the voltage down to in the 16-V to 17-V range you will see signal an Q drop a small amount, here I run my lnb's in the range of 19.5 to 20-volts, an they have ran fine for years. when I 1st started using a ortho years ago, did not use power inserter an in 2 years have gone threw 2 lnb's both on the vertical side, now they all get powered.

those 3220 are nice lnb's, an you don't need to replace 1, if you did you're wallet will cry a bit.
I do have a multi switch that I was trying to use. It is a zimwell 3x4 for DTV.
I was planning to add more components hooked up as soon as I can determine the Dish works and I can get some channels.
With the state of things I do not want to be throwing money if I do not have to.

Directv is taking it all as it is LOL.
That is why I am trying to get this working.

Is the zimwell 3x4 for DTV a switch with one 18v and one 13v input? If so, It will
not work with your setup. You need a Discq switch or even better a 22khz switch.

After you get your dish elevation set use only 1 lnb, your Horizontal one and hook it
up to your receiver and find sat 103(AMC 1) and use a Horizontal tp to find a signal/quality
with. This one should work fine 3840 H 26681. Good Luck

Is the zimwell 3x4 for DTV a switch with one 18v and one 13v input? If so, It will
not work with your setup. You need a Discq switch or even better a 22khz switch.

After you get your dish elevation set use only 1 lnb, your Horizontal one and hook it
up to your receiver and find sat 103(AMC 1) and use a Horizontal tp to find a signal/quality
with. This one should work fine 3840 H 26681. Good Luck
Thank you I will try that.
I do have a Diseq switch as well. How would I hook that up with my configuration.
Thanks again

Thank you I will try that.
I do have a Diseq switch as well. How would I hook that up with my configuration.
Thanks again
First try getting a signal with just one lnb ,after that just hook up the lnb's
to input 1 and input 2. Just remember which one is horizontal and which one
is vertical. Then in your setup menu you will need to add a extra sat list for each
position. so you will have two for amc 1, one will be Vertical only and one will be
Horizontal only. and you will need to set the voltage to 18volts for both. and 1 will
be set for Diseq 1 (Horizontal) and the other to Diseq 2 (Vertical). If you have Blind scan on your receiver
than just blind scan the new sat list you made,but you will have tomanually add one good tp first.
:)Hope this makes scenes to you.:up

First try getting a signal with just one lnb ,after that just hook up the lnb's
to input 1 and input 2. Just remember which one is horizontal and which one
is vertical. Then in your setup menu you will need to add a extra sat list for each
position. so you will have two for amc 1, one will be Vertical only and one will be
Horizontal only. and you will need to set the voltage to 18volts for both. and 1 will
be set for Diseq 1 (Horizontal) and the other to Diseq 2 (Vertical). If you have Blind scan on your receiver
than just blind scan the new sat list you made,but you will have tomanually add one good tp first.
:)Hope this makes scenes to you.:up
Yes it does thank you so much.
Now if I could just find someone that would be willing to trade an HD receiver for a New Norsat 3220 LNB as I have a spare.

WOOT!!
Finally got a few channels to scan and come up on G19.
I really wish there was a way to combine the Vert and Horizontal LNB into on wire so I do not have to setup different Sat lists for H and V.

I use only Linux and the CM software and wine are flaky at best.

Thanks everyone for your help.

WOOT!!
I really wish there was a way to combine the Vert and Horizontal LNB into on wire so I do not have to setup different Sat lists for H and V.

I know of a way or should I say I have done it. I used a Channel Master 4x4 switch. The one used on the old Directv Para Dish. The Switch has 4 inputs two are
18volts and 2 are 13volts (it's a 22khz switch) I just used port 1 (18volt and 13volt) input and connected a Ideal power pass splitter before it went to the lnb.
I needed 18volts so I passed the 18volt side to the lnb. When it needed the Vertical (13volts) it will get the signal,but my voltage stayed @ 18volts. For you I would fine a powered switch because you have two lnb's. Mine was just one,but with a servo. It worked fine,but I went back to have two sat list because I didn't want to loose signal quality, but I think I'm just being paranoid :D

Side note. You would need one more Signal Splitter, the type that
passes power on both sides.
One Problem I can thank of is if you have a tp with the same freq for both H and V.

Last edited:
I run voltage-controlled LNBF's on both my C-band dishes. Only one cable needed and any receiver can change polarity. :)

I run voltage-controlled LNBF's on both my C-band dishes. Only one cable needed and any receiver can change polarity. :)

That would work better than my suggestion, but many people
will tell you, what you have now is alot better Quality for say(DVB-S2) signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)