New Dish HD Channels in the Fall?

aspanjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Can someone tell me or point me in the right direction?

What are the HD channels Dish is adding this fall? I hear there are 10. And then the rest of the Voom channels in 2006?

Sorry if this has been answered or discussed already, I have searched the HD and Dish forums and cannot find this info.

Very very happy with the Voom migration to Dish .. need more!

New HD Sports Package?

At tech guy at Dish helped me through an 811 problem and he told me there is a HD Sports package coming .. but had no details .. but he said this was coming soon.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Had to add that all important question mark to the first post. Thought I was about to read some kind of announcement ;)

Thanks for that!!

Thanks for adding the question mark. I wish I had an announcement .. more questions than answers right now :D

aspanjer said:
At tech guy at Dish helped me through an 811 problem and he told me there is a HD Sports package coming .. but had no details .. but he said this was coming soon.

I hope the Worldsports HD...

aspanjer said:

Maybe he got it half right. E* announced the Sporting News interactive channel this week, but it's not HD.

I hope for UniversalHD, but more importantly, I want more SD cable channels to announce their conversion or availability for HD.

Worldsports is on RUSH Sat. & Sun. The First Half of each Day.
LAB is on with RAVE Now.
My Guess is that we will get more VOOM Channels when E* gets the ok to purchase Rainbow One & gets to use its 11 TPs.

No new HDTV channels have been announced for this fall. Not even solid rumours. Don't get people started, or else in Sept we'll begin to see the "Where are the HDTV channels that Dish promised" posts.

There's talk over on AVS that D* is going to add HD baseball games to the MLB package. Unfortunately, no such information from E* so far.

jwt0001 said:
There's talk over on AVS that D* is going to add HD baseball games to the MLB package. Unfortunately, no such information from E* so far.

I am sure that D* will provide those games in glorious HD Lite.

Tom Bombadil said:
HD lite is a heckeva lot better than SD!

I would love to get baseball games in HD lite.
In the short run, maybe, but it's this type of attitude that allows the signal providers to get away with sending us HDLite. As long as you are pummeling them with email complaining about it, OK, otherwise, you are just hurting the HD cause by being complacent and allowing it. On my system, I can see every little flaw and a reduced bitrate HD signal is crap. I'd rather watch an OTA analog station, at least it has detail and rich color.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)