New Dish HD Upgrade Promotion

masop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Damn. I just called and I'm looking at big bucks in order to upgrade to HD. The lady said I'm looking at the following costs for upgrading:

ViP722 DVR (250gb) = $230 - $100 ($10/mo for 10 months) = $130
or
ViP622 DVR (500gb) = $180 - $100 ($10/mo for 10 months) = $80

On top of that she said I'd be charged $80 to move the boxes/connections from one room/floor to another. I told her the contractor who installed the service (2 guys) 16 months ago told me at the time that the primary box had to be closest to the dish on the roof on the 3rd floor even though we weren't using that room and there wasn't a TV on that floor, lol.

I asked them at the time to install it on the ground floor where the primary TV was but they said it couldn't be done. Now that my recently purchased HD TV is on the ground floor in the living room, they have no choice but to install it there. This places me in a bad spot. I've got nothing but one word againat another on this issue and another $80 to have to dish out for the upgrade. That is b/s.

I'm going to try calling later this morning and talking to another rep to see what the deal is. I don't have $260 to $310 to drop on a damned HD upgrade because of a f'd up installation 16 months ago. It's bad enough that the cost is $180 to $230, but the extra $80 is adding insult to injury. Any suggestions? I'm just a bit ticked right now. Thanks in advance!

-- Dan

Check out the on-line upgrade on your account at dishnetwork.com. I have a VIP-622 and on dishin-it-up upgrade my cost for a 722 would be $149.00 up front with a $100.00 rebate.

edit: with free installation

Last edited:
On top of that she said I'd be charged $80 to move the boxes/connections from one room/floor to another.
-- Dan

Do they need to make new connections to the new room? If they don't, then it is ridiculous for them to charge you $80. I think it is okay to swap boxes between different rooms if the connection already exists.

I think you meant the ViP722 DVR has a 500 GB Hard Drive and the ViP622 DVR has a 250 GB Hard Drive.

If you have a satellite line in the other room, instead of the installer moving the receiver for you for $80, you can probably do it yourself.

Check out the on-line upgrade on your account at dishnetwork.com. I have a VIP-622 and on dishin-it-up upgrade my cost for a 722 would be $149.00 up front with a $100.00 rebate.

The problem is I don't have HD service or equipment so they will be required to install the new equipment on the roof of my 3 story townhouse. I checked this morning and then again a few minutes ago and there is only a DISH'n It Up offer like before the new promotions. I've had the same thing listed for 1.5 yr now. Should there be a seperate entry? When I click on that entry to see the options, it has no reference to the ViP722, only the ViP622. With installation it is $180 up with same rebate. I can easily install a box but I can't do the cabling in the walls or the installation of the equipment on the roof, up the front side of my home. Perhaps they haven't updated the site or my account yet?

-- Dan

Do they need to make new connections to the new room? If they don't, then it is ridiculous for them to charge you $80. I think it is okay to swap boxes between different rooms if the connection already exists.

The family room on the ground floor has a direct lead out the front wall beside the window and up the front of the house to the roof and dish. The 2nd lead is also direct, but to the 3rd floor and then split to the 2nd floor directly beneath the jack on the 3rd floor. I hope that sounds right.

The cabling is in place. The question is, will the existing cabling as they installed it, work with the new dish and receiver? I would hope so. My only question is that if the primary hd-dvr receiver is on the ground floor and there is no direct link from that jack to the 2nd floor wall jack, then am I going to have to eat it? LOL

-- Dan

I think you meant the ViP722 DVR has a 500 GB Hard Drive and the ViP622 DVR has a 250 GB Hard Drive.

If you have a satellite line in the other room, instead of the installer moving the receiver for you for $80, you can probably do it yourself.

You are correct. I copied/pasted the info and mixed up those #'s. The $80 would probably be for re-cabling in the walls. I don't think there is a direct lead from the living room downstairs to the bedroom upstairs (directly above). I know it could be done, just don't know how complicated it would be. If they installed it like it should of been 1.5 yr ago, I probably wouldn't be talking about it today. I don't know what to do.

-- Dan

I'd pay the money and get the wire done right. Principle doesn't put HD on your tv screen. Besides, if your systems all worked for the last 16 months, how can you say the install was screwed up? We live and learn every day.

I'd pay the money and get the wire done right. Principle doesn't put HD on your tv screen. Besides, if your systems all worked for the last 16 months, how can you say the install was screwed up? We live and learn every day.

Well, to put it more appropriately, the installation wasn't screwed up, it just wasn't done as I asked them to do it. They said it couldn't be done the way I wanted. That's rediculous, but I didn't care too much at the time. I didn't think I'd have an HD TV this soon, lol. Oh well.

-- Dan

Are you sure?
I called and asked after seeing the same info online.

They told me the $149 is to dish-up to a 622. But, to get a 722 it's $199.

Are you sure?
I called and asked after seeing the same info online.

They told me the $149 is to dish-up to a 622. But, to get a 722 it's $199.

This is what my options are when I log into my account. I click on "Equipment Information" and then "Dish'n It Up" under the "Equipment Upgrades" section.

Option 1:

1 TV Select a Standard Definition, DVR, or High
Definition receiver for one room of service

(SHIPPED) FREE after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($99.00 upfront credit card payment)
OR
(INSTALLED) $29.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($129.00 upfront credit card payment)

Option 2:

2 TV Select a Standard Definition, DVR, or High
Definition receiver for two rooms of service
(or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)

(SHIPPED) $19.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($119.00 upfront credit card payment)
OR
(INSTALLED) $49.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($149.00 upfront credit card payment)

Option 3:

HD-DVR Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service

(SHIPPED) $49.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($149.00 upfront credit card payment)
OR
(INSTALLED) $79.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($179.00 upfront credit card payment)

The pricing structure is the same as before the August 15th promotion. What's the deal?

-- Dan

Option 3:

HD-DVR Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service

(SHIPPED) $49.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($149.00 upfront credit card payment)
OR
(INSTALLED) $79.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($179.00 upfront credit card payment)

The pricing structure is the same as before the August 15th promotion. What's the deal?

-- Dan

You just don't know what box you're gonna get. Looks like (for now) for $149 you get a 622, of you want a 722 it's $199. Hopefully they'll keep it at $149 after the 622 run out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts