New Dish "install"...HELP!?!?

soonermvrick

Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Yukon, OK
Recently purchased a 1000.2 dish as a backup and to use in Norman, OK on gamedays I live just west of OKC so settings should be same in both places).

In testing the new dish today, I could not get the menu-based signal meter to even indicate a signal was even remotely being found. Using the box from my master bedroom, which I know works. Have to get this thng rocking by next Saturday for our first home game.

Any suggestions on dish install to find a signal?

TIA

Make sure the mounting post is perfectly plumb and that you have the Dish skewed correctly. After that it, it is just experience from using a compass to make sure you are aiming in the right place and lining the Dish up perfectly. There is very little margin for error.

Hi, the meter built into the receiver tends to be very slow and it's easy to go past the satellite and never get anything on the receiver. I find one of those cheap squeal satellite finder meters to be a big help. Use it to rough in the dish and get it close to the satellite then use the meter built into the receiver to fine tune. Wrapping the face of LNB with aluminium foil so only one LNB gets a signal can help by preventing receiving the signal on the wrong LNB.

Hope this helps, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)