Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys recap of todays DISH Network retailer chat. As always we will only report items of interest to you the consumer from this chat. We will not cover dealer sensitive information.

After Monday Night's less the stellar Charlie Chat I am not expecting much from today's Retailer Chat, but since I am a SatelliteGuy I will waste another hour of my life recaping this chat for you. :D

The chat kicks off at NOON Eastern Time, once I start the recap I will open this thread for your comments.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Todays show is hosted by Amir Ahmed and Brian Neylon, we are welcomed to another edition of the Retailer Chat.

They jump into things talking about the current promotion. The current new customer promotion is being extended through 1/31.

They talk about all the HD locals that have launched over the past few weeks. Now 170 HD local Markets.

They talk about AMC HD and the launch of AMC HD. A promo for AMC HD is shown.

The talk about the CMT and VH1 concert series which is airing on DISH.

Now on to talking about Football. I am guessing a RedZone push is coming up...

Amir gives his picks for AFC he picks the Colts and the 49ers for the NFC.

Still talking football 25 minutes into the chat...

Now on to ESPN Gameplan...

Kelly Morales joins the show for the tech corner. Kelly now has her own big screen touchscreen to use.

She talks about DISHONLINE.COM and the launch.

She talks about DISH Cinema which will be coming to the 722ks The rollout will take a month and a half to complete.

Now talking about the 922 telling us how great it is. And thats it for Kelly.. See says on the next chat they will be talking about new products....

....new products.

Like the "ViP923" - the followon to the "not so good" ViP922 ??? ;)

There is no such thing as a 923. (yet) :)

Sometimes I wish DISH did not have a Charlie Chat just because Charlie always flies off the cuff and say some stupid things that have all employees cringing. Now a lot of people think the 922 is junk when its actually a very good receiver.

Let me see- what is the name of that luggable computer company this all brings to mind? Osborne? ;)

There is no such thing as a 923. (yet) :)

Sometimes I wish DISH did not have a Charlie Chat just because Charlie always flies off the cuff and say some stupid things that have all employees cringing. Now a lot of people think the 922 is junk when its actually a very good receiver.

What ?

Charlie said on the Chat that the "922 is the best DVR ever made".

All he said was that the CPU was too slow to run Google TV and so they would probably need a "923" with a faster CPU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)