New Dish install: What do I need to get HDTV service for 5 HDTV's

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hello, a friend of my recently got a new house built & decided to use Dish as this was (they felt) the best deal at that time. She has 5 HDTV's & would like HDTV service at EACH location. As far as I can tell, this is what was told to Dish at time of order. What they got was on 722 & 2 other boxes about half the size of the 722. They have 4 working TV's. The 3 connected to the box IN THE ROOM WITH THAT SET are HDTV service , while the longline coax ran off of the 722 is SD. Her 70 year old mother was the only person in the house when the Dish guy came & neither my friend or myslef can figure ouit why the 5th TV has no box or cable ran.

When my friend told me of her requuirement, I just assummed she would get a HOPPER & enough Joeys to cover the install. That did not happen so here is my query. Do you have to SPECIFICALLY ask for the HOPPER system (as in Dish is not actively upselling/offering this)?. Is 5 HDTV's recieving HDTV service to ALL sets not a reasonable &/or normal install? Since they have had the equipment they have now for about 10 days, will they have to pay more money to to get what they want? :confused:

<mini rant>. I have another friend who got D* about 8 months ago. Ok, maybe people don't want to pay the additional surcharge for HD service, but why are the DBS/cable companies still sending out equipment (in 2013) that is Standard Definition only. That marginal cost increase (to the providers) to be (at the very least) HD capable has GOT to be outweighed by the additional (potential) revunue that can be had by going HD. I mean, on day one I'm stil watching my SD set. Superbowl comes around & i break down & go HDTV. I call ny provider & bingo, 10 minutes later I have HD service (yes, I am assuming I have the correct cables). This would appear to be so easy, yet it is not the case. </mini-rant>:

Contact DIRT and see what they can do for her. It could be the number of leased receivers on an account, at one time 3 leased receivers was the limit and you had to purchase all additional receivers. I don't know the current rules

I think with the Hopper System it is different--I think the max # of leased Hoppers is 2, and the max # of leased Joeys is 3. That would have been what they should have installed.

I am not defending the installer, but they should have been there for the installation. If they weren't satisfied with the installation or the equipment, they should have brought it to the installers attention at the time, and fixed it on site. I'm sure the MIL is a fine lady, but she may or may not have known what should have been installed.

At this point, yes, contact DIRT--I am sure they can help.

That sounds like what should have been a 2 Hopper 3 Joey install, which should be a pretty standard install. It would not be completely free as I believe the second Hopper would require some upfront cost. I had that install (as an upgrade) and all equipment is leased.

Contact DIRT and see what they can do for her. It could be the number of leased receivers on an account, at one time 3 leased receivers was the limit and you had to purchase all additional receivers. I don't know the current rules
Yes. DIRT, DIRT, DIRT! Contact Dish Internet Response Team. At the base of the main page for the Dish forum, there should be, or will be a username(s) in red. Send them a PM about your situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts