New Dish Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
I am considering to get Dish Network for the first time. My HD locals are on the eastern arc. I have looked at the angles and it apprears that the 1000.4 dish could be located on the side of my deck. This is my preferred location. I really do not want it on the roof. My question is when the installer comes how much control do I have to make him mount it on the side of the deck? Also, can he refuse to to mount it to the deck, and if so what could I do about it?

I'd rather do it myself, the problem with that is I would not get the promotional credits and free hardware they offer for new customers.

The side of your deck is probably not as secure and free from impact as your roof. Why don't you want it on your roof? It is the best place.

Mount it on the eave of your roof, that is where mine is mounted. I don't see a problem mounting it on the deck or on the side of the house as long as there is line of site. I suppose he can refuse, but you can find someone else who will do it.

My neighbor just got dish installed Monday. He has gutters so he couldnt get it mounted on the eaves.He also didnt want it on the roof. When he called to order he told the dish csr he wanted it on a pipe in his yard. Dish installed it on a pipe for no charge. Just ask/tell dish that you want it mounted on the side of the deck, as long as you get a line of sight. This way there shouldnt be any issues when the installer gets there.

Thanks for the great advise guys. My deck is solid, that will not be a problem.

One other question I have is when they say you get a "free" VIP722 receiver as a new customer is it truly yours, and if so is it after the 24 month commitment is met?

One other question I have is when they say you get a "free" VIP722 receiver as a new customer is it truly yours, and if so is it after the 24 month commitment is met?
No. You will be leasing. It remains theirs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts