New Dish Network Commercial Dish ES216400

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Anybody know the size?

Attachments

• Dish_Commercial_ES216400.jpg
    Dish_Commercial_ES216400.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 877
  • sns.jpg
    sns.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 537
  • Uses a single Torus-style reflector, which eliminates the need for multiple antennas
  • Includes moving LNBs and is configurable for either Western Arc or Eastern Arc
  • Can be used with a single Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) LNB for 118.7° or 121° orbital locations, which would require a second antenna
  • High signal availability on all orbitals
  • May be wall-mounted or mounted using a Non-Penetrating Roof Mount (NPRM)
  • Less space is required for installation
  • A heated Commercial Dish with De-Ice kit options will be available soon, so stay tune

Reactions: wallyhts
Became available in January. What additional info are you needing?

I'd be curious to see pictures of it actually installed. Does it use the old fashion Eastern/Western Arc LNBs or a custom LNB designed just for this Dish? A google search still turns up zilch on this thing. You'd think Solid Signal and others would have it available by now? Would it help with rain fade/fringe reception areas vs the traditional dishes?

So its basically equivalent to a 1 meter oval dish?

I can see one of these popping up in the next photo of your Dish farm lol

I'd be curious to see pictures of it actually installed. Does it use the old fashion Eastern/Western Arc LNBs or a custom LNB designed just for this Dish? A google search still turns up zilch on this thing. You'd think Solid Signal and others would have it available by now? Would it help with rain fade/fringe reception areas vs the traditional dishes?

I can see one of these popping up in the next photo of your Dish farm lol

The attachment doesn't show one installed in the wild, but it does give you a look at the LNBF's.

Attachments

• Commercial DISH Product Sheet.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 583
So its basically equivalent to a 1 meter oval dish?

How did you come to that value?

I'd say it would be equivalent to 80cm width dishes:
Parabolic height is 91 cm, assumed offset angle about 26 degrees, would give dish width of 'normal' dish of 82 cm.
But this dish is circular (not parabolic) in the horizontal level, so it would perform a bit less than a 82cm paraboloid (= parabolic both vertical and horizontal) dish.

Big advantage of the toroidal form (circular in the horizontal) is, though, that the byrider LNBs receive just as good as the central LNB (up to a point, of course).

greetz,
A33

It is all about which part of the dish is illuminated by the LNB.

A normal LNB with round illumination sees just a 80 cm (circle diameter) of this dish. This is a "multifocus" dish; it is as though some overlapping 80cm dishes are glued together next to each other. Hence the advantage of the byrider LNBs receiving equally well, as I wrote.

The width of a multifocus dish is not the important measure; the hight is the 'equivalent' measure that is of importance (as to be compared with normal dish's height).

Nice toroidal dish: google "SMW OA1600" !

greetz,
A33

Added: the width of a multifocus dish, of course, is important for the range of the arc that can be received. The wider the dish, the greater the part of the Clarke Belt that can be received by it.

Edit: Sorry, I wrote SMA. Should be SMW. Now corrected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)