New DISH Network Customer Portal

The system is still, way too slow. Nice to see they are making more data available to the customers that was likely buried before. I guess they've lost any pictures of a 501 receiver, as the picture for my 501 looks like some other receiver that I've never owned.
I have two pay per view certificates that they must have cut for some reason that I'm unaware of. to bad the HD PPV is too expensive for the quality, in contrast to a blue ray disk.

i can appreciate an attempt at a decent interface that doesn't use flash.

Very first thing I liked was I could now log on using RoboForm, old site made me hit "Fill Only" then click "Log On" button from the site.
I thought it was faster than the old site. Much more user friendly. Much more info there for us subs. I didn't get any PPV certificates, but I wasn't expecting any anyway. One thing I notice that if you go to "Order From Store" on the "My Account Page" it give the price of the OTA mod as $50.00, when you go to the "Technology">"Remotes & Accessories", the mod is listed as $29.99??? It doesn't matter much to me, when I'm ready to order it I get it from "The DishStore.Net".
Over all I think it's a great improvement over the old site.

Ghpr13:)
One other thing I liked, it shows my buddy as "Account Holder", but it has me listed as "Authorized User"...I wonder if this will help me to not have to "act" like I'm my buddy every time I contact Dish???

Last edited:
No PPV certificates for me. No commitment either, but I think that's wrong. And since when did the OTA module cost $50? I thought it was $29!

I like the new site too. Has anyone been able to view credit that is applied to your account prior to the next billing statement? Previously you can see that but I can't seem to find it under the new system.

I like the new site too. Has anyone been able to view credit that is applied to your account prior to the next billing statement? Previously you can see that but I can't seem to find it under the new system.

You're right.

No "Activity since last Statement" tab.

I used that also.

The PPV coupons were probably mailed out to try and slow down the PO'd calls from folks who saw the "loyalty credit" go away on that receiver-based equipment price gouging that hits people this month (mine goes up $11 on 4 receivers..... probably going to ditch the Superstations I've had since 2000 to try and lessen the sting - I get two of the 5 they charge me for in the New York Locals package anyway...... no more car chases to watch off of KTLA, but I'll live.... Was also useful whenever Smallville got preempted for baseball on WPIX)....

They show a price of $7 for the multisport package, but the webpage says $5.99.... I guess a price increase coming there?

In my case, they've never mailed the PPV coupons at all. If it hadn't been for the changes at the website and me rambling around, I wouldn't have known I got them.

The new site doesn't seem to show "changes since last bill" where we used to see continuing credits. My monthly charges are also messed up -- missing HD charge and other problems.

Previously, on the account summary page we could see our current programming listed, but clicking on the "programming" tab just gives a message that annual subscribers need to call to arrange programming changes. I don't see a way to verify my current programming except by looking at bill details.

I like that it shows your receivers and when the last time was they phoned home...
All I see is the broadband line which shows a date they last connected, presumably via broadband. I also have all 3 receivers on our phone line for caller ID, and (I thought) a backup if the broadband connection goes out for some reason. I see no mention on the new website of a telephone connection.

Phoning home or not, I agree this website update is a big improvement. Kudos to Dish for doing something nice and getting it mostly right at introduction.

One thing I noticed: I paid my bill yesterday through the new site, and when the payment went through, it didn't give any kind of confirmation number, or any real indication that the payment went through successfully at all. I didn't get a confirmation number until I got the email from them with it in it. The site just had a note that said "Your request has been processed", and a line at the bottom of the summary portion showing last payment date and amount.

I could foresee this being a problem for less tech-savvy people, thinking their payment didn't go through successfully, and doing it again, making multiple payments. After all, "Your request has been processed" doesn't really say much of anything. If I'm making a payment, tell me the payment went through, and give me a confirmation number - the websites for my utilities do it, and I believe Dish's old site did it too. Don't put that information in an email I might not get if something bungs up in some network somewhere.

My monthly payment is almost close to $150 a month & paying that for almost a year now because of my progamming & equipments.
I didnt get sh*t like u guys got, like getting free PPV pass :(
I'm kinda jealous

I got switched to EA today, and swapped out the 625 for a 612. Equipment shows the 612, 'monthly fees' show the change, but the commitment didn't change.

Makes you wonder how accurate that is going to be.

I got switched to EA today, and swapped out the 625 for a 612. Equipment shows the 612, 'monthly fees' show the change, but the commitment didn't change.

Makes you wonder how accurate that is going to be.
Give it a day or two. Same day probably won't register.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)