new dish network install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grizzly2c

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
pennsylvania
Thia past saturday we had dish installed, everything went great, up and running. The only problem is the volume doesnt work. When I hit volume buttons up or down it moves the volume bar on the tv but the actual volume doesnt go up or down. The tv is a magnavox. around 10 years old. I called the installer and he said to unplug the reciever then plug it back in again and this will reboot it and may cure the problem.

Anyone ever had this problem?? Possible fixes?? Thanks in advance....

You need to give a whole lot more clues than you have so far. In particular, how is your sound and video getting from your receiver to your TV? HDMI? A/V cables? Optical sound to external receiver?

There is no volume control in any of the current receivers, as far as I know. So I'm dumbfounded as to why your volume doesn't change if the volume display on the TV changes. The only thing I can think of is that your sound is going through an audio receiver and your remote needs to be programmed to control that instead of the TV.

What type of rcvr and what type of cables? There is no volume control for the rcvr. If no sound is getting to the TV from the rcvr, then the volume will show rising and lowering on the TV, but there is nothing to work with.

there is sound but you cannot adjust it up or down. the volume bar goes up and down on the screen but the volume doesnt change. it is a duel reciever. I am not sure of the actual model number of it. I just got the base plan I think its called family for 24.99/month. It appears just cables hooking it up. There is a vcr hooked up also.

Get your tv off of the channel or input used by the reciever. Then adjust the volume and see if it changes. If it doesn't then the problem is your TV.

It appears just cables hooking it up. There is a vcr hooked up also.
We can't help you without a lot more explicit info than this. There are a lot of ways to hook up a receiver, VCR, and TV. Yes, "cables" are involved. But we need to know which type, and what they are connected to.

That will happen on mine if I mute the "internal speakers". Check in the menu of the TV in the audio options and make sure nothing is muted.

there is sound but you cannot adjust it up or down. the volume bar goes up and down on the screen but the volume doesnt change. it is a duel reciever. I am not sure of the actual model number of it. I just got the base plan I think its called family for 24.99/month. It appears just cables hooking it up. There is a vcr hooked up also.

How about a little history on the TV? Magnavox manufactured (still does) TV's for hospitals & schools. These sets have a service menu that sets a maximum volume level. Once that level is reached, the volume control "meter" on the screen will still advance, but the audio level does not... perhaps you've ended up w/ one of those??

Problem is, the standard Magnovox remote won't get you into the menu, you'll need the "programing" remote :(

Actually the regular remote will get yo into the service menu.

It is a sequence of 5-6 keys, but I do not remember what they are.

Tune in later, I'll do some research.

Try 0-6-2-5-9-6-STATUS/EXIT or Menu-0-6-2-5-9-6-menu

Last edited:
ok fixed it. I got behind the tv and switched the one plug to the other audio and it worked. not alot of room behind the tv as we have it mounted on the wall. just took a chance and it worked.. thanks for all the help..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)