NEW Dish Network PRO PLUS 500+ LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raub

Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
USA
Will the new dish 500+ lnb work in the eastern arch? like florida? to get 110 119 and 118.7 and possibly 129? this will cut the use of the dpp 44 switch?

Attachments

• lnb.jpg
    lnb.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,429
Will the new dish 500+ lnb work in the eastern arch? like florida? to get 110 119 and 118.7 and possibly 129? this will cut the use of the dpp 44 switch?

Your question really dosen't have an answer, Eastern ARC not arch is satellites at 61.5/72.7 & 77 so it won't work. You can pickup the Western Arc (110/119 & 129) from some locations in Florida but the low look angles for 129 are a problem.

Your question really dosen't have an answer, Eastern ARC not arch is satellites at 61.5/72.7 & 77 so it won't work. You can pickup the Western Arc (110/119 & 129) from some locations in Florida but the low look angles for 129 are a problem.

Thank you Boba. I appreciate it very much. I was just checking to see if this is better option than the regular lnb that picks up 110 118.7 119 and 129 with the dpp 44 switch. I was trying to see if I can eliminate that switch. Thank you again and sorry for the confusion and an idiot question regarding the arc

raub said:
Thank you Boba. I appreciate it very much. I was just checking to see if this is better option than the regular lnb that picks up 110 118.7 119 and 129 with the dpp 44 switch. I was trying to see if I can eliminate that switch. Thank you again and sorry for the confusion and an idiot question regarding the arc

Well, using it to replace an existing 500+ facing wester arc, yes. Replace lnb, remove switch, if you are already getting those sats. Will not work for eastern arc.

If 129 is tough you can always have a wing dish to which ever sat mirrors the 129 programming (since i dont install eastern arc i dont know which one on tge eastern arc it is) and just feed that dish into the lnb in port on the DPP 500+ lnb, and eliminating the 44 switch.

May have 2 dishes but if it solves your issue you are good to go.

I don't know much about the new LNB but if it is like the .2 and .4 LNBs, it has 3 output ports and 1 input port, so it would appear it picks up 110, 118.7 and 119, and if you have a second dish pointed at 129, run the coax to the input port. It makes me wonder if dish will put out a new 1000+ LNB with integrated switch as well?
Miner

Miner said:
I don't know much about the new LNB but if it is like the .2 and .4 LNBs, it has 3 output ports and 1 input port, so it would appear it picks up 110, 118.7 and 119, and if you have a second dish pointed at 129, run the coax to the input port. It makes me wonder if dish will put out a new 1000+ LNB with integrated switch as well?
Miner

No need for a DPP 1000+ as the DPP 500+ comes with a bracket for 129 to hold a DP single which you can connect to the LNB in on the DPP 500+

It's awesome not having to use the DPP 44 for 1000+ installs

Of course you'd still need to use DPP44 if installing more than 3 receivers, otherwise the 1000+ is just as easy to install as 1k2 or 1k4. 500+/1000+ even uses a similar skew plate as the 1k4 now, just slightly larger.

I love, love, LOVE the new 1000+ compared to the old way. Easy to install and peak.

Thank you guys for the full details. So this new onboard should work with vip222k to get 110 119 118.7 129 and no need for dpp 44

If you have issues with 129, you would need a 2 dish solution. EA dish and a 500+ for 118.7 for internationals. The only problem with this set up is you need to use an old 500+ LNB because you can't run the new 500+ DPP LNB into a k.4 input port. It will not work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wow, reading some of those posts was kinda painful. The new LNB is essentially the same thing, but with an internal 4:3 switch (like 1k2 or 1k4). The LNB makes the dish a 500+, adding the 129 LNB makes it a 1000+. Again, the integrated LNB has an LNB input to run the 129 into.

Shouldn't that be the opposite? I always thought the farther south you go the higher the elevation.

Shouldn't that be the opposite? I always thought the farther south you go the higher the elevation.

The problem is that Florida is way out east, and the 129 is out to the west. It just creates a problem skewing the dish and catching all three (or 4). That's why Puerto Rico's dishes are so weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts