New DISH Network RED Smart Cards

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Went to open a new 301 today and found a red smart card....

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 865
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 686
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 624
Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me- a new 301? I thought the 311 replaced them quite some time ago. Surely they're not still making or keeping stock of new 301s?

Excuse me- a new 301? I thought the 311 replaced them quite some time ago. Surely they're not still making or keeping stock of new 301s?

You can still purchase 301's mostly as remanufactured receivers. I bought a remanufactured 2800 for the guest bedroom. It's basically brand new. I don't doubt that there are still brand new 301's sitting in a warehouse.

It's beginning to look like there's a whole lot more STBs that are gonna die than I thought, when 8PSK & MPEG-4 spread. 2800? Why? Cheap?

Hopefully there is a card swap coming, but since the "cardless" (those with cards on the mainboard) receivers are already compromised, what card will they be using? It is a new card with the new slogan for Dish.

hmm. I got a replacement DVR in the mail today and it has a Yellow Smart Card still. :confused:

I hope dish doesn't swap cards again. It took around a month for them to get the stinking yellow card to work with my Dishplayer 7100. Just love how they incapacitated my receiver with next to no warning. They shipped me 3 separate yellow cards before we got one that allowed the receiver to actually tune and stay on.

Checking Around

I have asked around, and NO ONE ELSE has ever seen this card. Even dealers with remanufactured 301s that arrived yesterday.

Yeah, Claude - fire up the receiver and show us that System screen.
Elsewhere it could be a red herring :D I see copyright of 1996, could be it FIRST Dish card and someone put it there by mistake or as a joke.

My Question Is

Are they only one reciever with this card? Could it be a dealer card? I am hearing it is a ROM 206 card.

Besides that, I should have taken a picture of the system info screen last night.

The only problem now is that I do not have the receiver anymore, its actually out on my installers truck and he is installing it for a customer as we speak.

I did call him and he said he is going to bring up the system info screen before he installs it!

The rest of the units I have in stock have YELLOW cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)