new dish pictures

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
can anyone who had a good roof install post some photos? I want to show the installer how to correctly install the new 5lnb dish on my roof.

Also I am going to make him re-wire everything.

I need some also. I'm pretty sure my installer will push hard for a pole mount since that seems to be the norm in Atlanta. I'm going to tell them I need a roof/chimney mount or no go.

i also am demanding new wire. there should be no connectors and the dish is not going in the same place.

My current Phase III dish is installed with a J "under eve mount" because I have a tile roof and stucco siding. Will the new dish be able to install on the same mount or is it too big/heavy?

Guys... the dish has gotta go, where the dish has gotta go. Sight line is crucial, regardless on how the dish looks, or, makes your house look unsightly.Just the way it is, make sure you bust the installers balls on neatness/wire tidyness, ect...

While there are some homes where there might be only one or two dish positions, I don't think that is the norm. What we are reading is some installation companies are forcing customers to certain mounts only (pole set in concrete for instance) or away from certain mounts altogether (chimney or roof seem to be excluded often.)

I have no problems with installers who correctly tell customers about "there is only one location to put the dish". I do have problems with installers who force customers away from viable installations so they can either get more money or because they are too lazy for certain installs.

The AT9 installation video is clear that you can install the new dish practically anywhere you can install the lighter dishes, so long as you have line of sight. Obviously site specific issues apply: tile roofs, weak chimney, high wind zones, etc. all come into play.

Kingsfan,

The new dish has a larger opening for the mast. There are people working on adapters, I'm sure you'll find them when they are ready. I suspect if the J mount is securely fastened to serious wood you'll be ok. But you might need some stabilizing arms as well.

Cheers,
Tom

rstokas said:
i also am demanding new wire. there should be no connectors and the dish is not going in the same place.

if its installed right there should be at least a couple connectors... on the ground block :)

rstokas said:
No connectors? You planning to weld the cable to the receiver?

Right now, Michigan Microtech is doing a roof-install of the AT9 on my modest 1000 SFt ranch built in 1956.

The tech made no mention of using a pole mount.

I will try to post pictures when he is done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)