New Dish Prices, effective Jan 16

Netflix is considered a burden on ISP's. Video traffic is bandwidth intensive and requires a lot more throughput and demand on a network. ISP's want Netflix to pay their fair share.

The ISPs' customers are already paying for the bandwidth. ISPs are just dumb pipes, whether they want to be or not. Most of them do not have to compete, so why not just charge their actual customers more if they want to make more money?

Reactions: TheKrell
And please stop saying Netflix pays on their end. They don’t. They pay for the servers space. They require an iSP to get their content to a customer.

What makes you think Netflix doesn't pay for bandwidth? Do you think ISPs just connect Netflix's servers to the Internet for free for some reason? Netflix probably has one of the largest bandwidth bills in the world.

Reactions: TheKrell
What makes you think Netflix doesn't pay for bandwidth? Do you think ISPs just connect Netflix's servers to the Internet for free for some reason? Netflix probably has one of the largest bandwidth bills in the world.
And all their servers are owned and run by Amazon!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It’s up to the ISP to charge that to the customer or the service, if they choose. Which is exactly why Net Nuetrality is bad. Government should not be able to decide how free market works.

There is no one at the government telling ISPs what to charge their customers, and Net Neutrality does not prevent them from charging their customers more.
And all their servers are owned and run by Amazon!

For which Netflix pays Amazon an ungodly amount of money to host the servers and deliver the bandwidth to the Internet.

Reactions: TheKrell and AZ.
Hail Stalin? :facepalm
So riddle me this batman?
If direct tv started using a Hopper 3.....what happens?.....how does the magic free market solve the problem?

Simple mindless quotes, that arnt actual, or any thing close to reality is the world we live in!
Look at the problem with knockoff items?......Without a solid governemt to shut down ilegal doings from citizens, products ,or corporations.....

You people just hate, you must look deeper in any problem or solutions.....Catchy phrases are a joke!

And please stop saying Netflix pays on their end. They don’t. They pay for the servers space. They require an iSP to get their content to a customer.
All content providers pay for the large/huge bandwidth that it takes for their content to leave their servers to reach the end user.
If you put your servers into to a co-location facility part of your bill is based on how much bandwidth you consume, Netflix is no different. The issue is Netflix pays their provider, say Level3, but your provider say Verizon (who you already pay for bandwidth) also wants Netflix to pay them directly even though Netflix already paid Level3.

Hail Stalin?

AZ is right.
There is no such thing as a free market, and governement is [the] only solution!

The free market is created by the government. The alternative to government is anarchy, not a free market. Now, if I say any more, we'll have to retire to ThePit. ;)

AZ is right.

The free market is created by the government. The alternative to government is anarchy, not a free market. Now, if I say any more, we'll have to retire to ThePit. ;)

The free market is the natural order of things, it is distorted by government, occasionally that is mildly helpful.

Are cats Anarchists?

They get along fine, in a set social structure, when food is plentiful. Is that the beginnings of government? It is certainly the beginnings of Order.

Oog and Ugg learned to get along. Then the rudiments of trade began when each had extra of something the other wanted. Where do you say anarchy ends? Can there be an Anarchist society?

It’s all in how you define the words.

I see anarchy not being relevant in the discussion at all. The free market is a natural order, which Navy makes a great point about. Can you have a market with a government. Yes. Can you have a market without? Yes as well. Government intervention is the creation of things such as the black market.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I say to anybody who thinks we need more government, to try living in a place where the government tells you what to watch, how you watch it, and not only that- they take half of your paycheck as well. On this Christmas "Eve Eve," I'm thankful to be here in the good old USA, where we can watch whatever we want on Dish and pay as much (or as little) as we want for it!

I say to anybody who thinks we need more government, to try living in a place where the government tells you what to watch, how you watch it, and not only that- they take half of your paycheck as well. On this Christmas "Eve Eve," I'm thankful to be here in the good old USA, where we can watch whatever we want on Dish and pay as much (or as little) as we want for it!
How easy so may have forgetton about the mistakes of our past only to be repeated again!
September 29, 2008
or
October 29,1929

Reactions: MikeD-C05
This is a reprint

So I was speaking with Dish today and was told that effective January 16, 2018 they will be doing the annual price increase. This is what they told me...

Locals 10.00 new price 12.00
Welcome Pack 19.99 new price 22.99
Smart Pack 31.99 new price 32.99
Dish America 44.99 new price 47.99
Flex Pack no change
AT 120 59.99 new price 62.99
AT 120+ 64.99 new price 67.99
AT 200 74.99 new price 77.99
AT 250 84.99 new price 87.99
AEP 134.99 new price 137.99

I took the renewal offer they said had to do a 24 month commitment but they said it would lock my price to the 2016 prices.

She mentioned that the Latino core packs will go up as well as late fees & box return fees but I did not write those down
OP...
What?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts