New Dish Subscriber Needs Advice

I think it depends on the type of job and the longevity, if it's something that looks difficult than a tipping is deserved, if it's something that only took a few minutes or even seconds but way too easy then maybe or probably not.

A good installer can make a hard job look easy, but that should be no less deserving....

Especially since I don't drink coffee!

Huh? And you call yourself an American? :D

It's surprising how often that tidbit of data gets the next question: "Are you a Mormon?" Nope, But I know a few.

I drank coffee in college. Then I noticed the natural hang of many Chief's forefinger was crooked, like he was holding a coffee cup even when he wasn't. Lost my taste for it. Until they surrounded me and made me take the first cup from a new freeze dried machine. Wasn't bad, actually. Later, of course, the Eraser Shavings company was low bidder for the coffee and....... Well, it was good that I was transferring off about then. :D

By the same token, a bad installer can make an easy job look hard and the deal was that you were getting a "professional installation".

Sad part is there are a whole lot of people who won't know the difference.

David_Jr and everyone else who responded,

My sincere thanks to everyone who responded! This information is very much appreciated! I'll just wait until next week and cross my fingers that I can get the dish mounted in a good spot. Thanks again!

David_Jr,

I just looked at dishpointer.com and if the long green line originating from the green sat icon is any indication as to the direct azimuth to the bird in the sky, then I should be OK. Can you tell me if the green line is the azimuth direction indicator?

Yes, it is.....and if you zoom in and click on your dwelling, you can even move the start to different points on the property! And looking out of your place, you can line up the direction of the sat. Right, guys and gals?

By the same token, a bad installer can make an easy job look hard and the deal was that you were getting a "professional installation".

Kinda depends on who you get, I always tell someone I just started when I show up and they ask how long I've been doing it just to see the face they give me. lol

I feel as if any tech deserves something even if it is easy or hard, certainly something if they need to be crawling around under your home on their stomachs to pull cable cause that is not easy and plumbers get nearly $100 an hour to do things like this!

Yes, it is.....and if you zoom in and click on your dwelling, you can even move the start to different points on the property! And looking out of your place, you can line up the direction of the sat. Right, guys and gals?

Just click and drag the pointer to your prospective dish locations. Should be very easy. Great website.

It really depends on the tech and his overall mood on the day of your install. I've had techs that have replaced my entire wiring just because they feel that things should be done right the first time. I've also had lazy techs using old cables and not paying full attention to the job resulting in having to come back a second time do do things right. To be honest most Dish techs are great, the worst in my experience are the ones from the cable company :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)