Anyone used dish on SouthWest Airlines?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I have an upcoming business trip to Orlando in 2 weeks and my manager booked my flight through SouthWest Airlines. I've read that dish gives free access to a few live channels during the flight from your portable electronic device. I was wondering since all I found was iPad info, if this would work with an android tablet?(I have a Nexus 7 2012).

I also have an iPhones 5s and a windows 8 laptop but I prefer the nexus since its smaller and more convenient for me.

Thanks!

The free TV service on Southwest is NOT DISH. DISH is just sponsoring it so you don't have the pay the $2.99 a day fee they use to have on Southwest.

I used it when I went to CES and it worked fine on my iPad, however no one around me could get it working on their Androids. However I have heard from others and they have told me that it works fine with Android so perhaps there was just an issue on the plane I was on.

Thanks for the info Scott! Hopefully someone else can chime in with some more info on android tablets, I really don't want to drag my 16" laptop with me.

I used it on my surface pro 2, it worked great! I was also able to sling from my hopper too!
Heck if it worked on your surface, I needs to work on android and thanks for the sling info too! I haven't been this excited to get on a plane since I went to tokyo a few years back :D

$5 is nothing for 3 hours of entertainment:p and thanks for the confirmation tampa8!

Funny how some people think $5 for 3 hours of entertainment is great but paying close to $100, $3.33 a day, for their TV bill at home is absolutely ridiculous. :D

But, in a Plane there's not a whole lot of options :) I admit that I don't really watch much live TV (except sports) I just record everything and watch a ton of stuff on my free time.

The new Hopper Transfer app is great for flying. I was pretty excited when they first announced that feature. It's a great way to catch up on a couple of shows.

The new Hopper Transfer app is great for flying. I was pretty excited when they first announced that feature. It's a great way to catch up on a couple of shows.

Now we need a TSA app. Or an anti-TSA app.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeh, the handful of channels were not showing anything of interest to me. My preloaded iPad saved the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts