New Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
Picking this baby up Tuesday. Needs some mesh work and an actuator. Anyone know what kind it is? Its 12'

Attachments

• photo 1 (5).JPG
    photo 1 (5).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 274
  • photo 2 (4).JPG
    photo 2 (4).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • photo 3 (3).JPG
    photo 3 (3).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 272
  • photo 1 (5)1.JPG
    photo 1 (5)1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
  • photo 3 (3)1.JPG
    photo 3 (3)1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 265
  • photo 2 (4)1.JPG
    photo 2 (4)1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 262
Cloned clone of layer and mesh styled? obviously has non-standard paint and adjustable mount. Looks like the first Chinese ever made!

I just asked if I could pick up some part of a dish the other day from a cable company's pile of them. They said no; not yet; they want to use their dish that had not been used since it fell down in a wind storm 20 years ago; still! Makes you wonder though...

Some hail or baseball dents - should be able to massage those out.
Dunno the 'brand' but looks to be a 12 footer (??)

Got the dish home and working on digging up the pole. They said the slap is the same size and its about 3' down. Still kicking around whether to leave the pole or try busting up the concrete.

Attachments

• pole.JPG
    pole.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 170
The people said they know the guy who digs holes for the local cemetery, they will have him pluck it out next time he's in town with his bobcat. No telling when that will be.

Got the dish up last nite, hopefully I can get to tuning it tonight. I'm using a 4" pole but the dish is setup for 4 1/2". Will this be a big problem?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got the dish up last nite, hopefully I can get to tuning it tonight. I'm using a 4" pole but the dish is setup for 4 1/2". Will this be a big problem?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
As long as it has enough set screws ( which it looks like it does ) it should be fine.Plus it will let you "fine tune" your plumb/level,if need be.

I'm having some trouble now. I set the dish to zenith, I was getting 91W so I adjusted the elevation bolt (added elevation) and moved it a bit to the east. I'm pulling in some spanish channels. I have been adding elevation little bit at a time and still no 87W. I'm trying to tune in My Combat channel but never got anything. What am I doing wrong?

The easiest transponder to pick up on 87W is 4148 H 6849. It includes a couple of spanish channels and a cbs station. If you find it you are close and just need to do some fine tuning.

If my memory is correct, I don't recall there being a Combat channel on 87. But, you may be on it. There is a 3 channel mux consisting of WUMN-TV, Westar MC Backup and KUKC-TV. WUMN & KUKC are both in Spanish, and at this instant are both showing a soccer game. The Westar MC Backup, usually has a CBS channel from Yuma. The important info: 4146/H/6789

You may have it. Good luck.

See 77TA beat me and we have different numbers. Mine are from my new A3 and was actually on the satellite when I read your post.
But, if one doesn't work, try the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)