New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

Also would be nice if the window didn't auto-scroll to the top if you didn't want it to. Want to put it in a corner of my PC screen and have other live ballgames in other windows so it's annoying to have to always have to have it on the bottom since it auto-scrolls.

Reactions: millerthyme59
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I can't find anyway to watch anything but the most recently recorded episode of shows. Some older shows I have I've got episodes from various seasons since it's recording not only the new ones. I used to be able to click on a show, then see a list of episodes and go through and pick which one I wanted. Now I only get the recent episode, then if it's on demand I get a list of on demand episodes. Below that is a seasons dial but doesn't seem to reflect which episodes of which seasons I currently have recorded, so I assume that's also doing some kind of on demand thing.

Mine shows my hopper 3 is connected, but it won't let me watch any channels besides streaming. I'm getting Error Number 2009. This is from a Mac with Safari with the latest software (also tried Chrome with the same result). Not sure what is happening...

View attachment 140300

View attachment 140301

The pause and scroll won't go away on the bottom of the screen.

I can see that getting pretty annoying, especially in full screen. Thanks for letting us know, TigerWoodsLibido!

To dish support, 1- definitely missing the LIVE TV button.
2- Missing the Recall option!
3-The red progress bar really needs to go or fade away. It cuts across most channel banners etc..
View attachment 140305

Hey there, millerthyme59. Thanks for letting us know! I will definitely forward your feedback!

Mine shows my hopper 3 is connected, but it won't let me watch any channels besides streaming. I'm getting Error Number 2009. This is from a Mac with Safari with the latest software (also tried Chrome with the same result). Not sure what is happening...
Well that's no good, sjhart. I am sorry to hear that you're having an issue accessing your live channels through your Hopper. I would be happy to help get it working like it should again. This error normally indicates that there is an issue with the information between your Hopper 3 and DISH Anywhere. I would like the check a few things that are normally the culprit for this issue to see if we can get it working like it should. Sometimes the Hopper will be detecting a much lower speed than the rest of your home. To rule out that this might be the case, can you perform a speed test at the Hopper please? You can accomplish this by pressing the Home button 3 times (With 40.0 remote, the Menu Button twice instead) > Status > Send Status > Test Connections. Ideally we're looking for anything over 800 kbps. - Caleb S

Same with mine, on a PC with Chrome

Did the test and everything is green and Downloading at 304.764 Mbps.... Also, my iPad running wireless on the same network works fine. My Mac is on a wired Ethernet connection. Thanks.

Did the test and everything is green and Downloading at 304.764 Mbps.... Also, my iPad running wireless on the same network works fine. My Mac is on a wired Ethernet connection. Thanks.
Mine too, same thing, d/l'ing at 135 Mb/s and my house is totally connected by many devices all working fine

Reactions: charlesrshell
why can I use Edge on new PC version???? I tried Firefox and could not use that either....

why can I use Edge on new PC version???? I tried Firefox and could not use that either....

Good morning, Liam4824! At this time, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer are no longer compatible browsers to use our Dish Anywhere website. We will eventually support these browsers in the future but you will need to use Safari or Chrome currently to access the new Dish Anywhere.

We also appreciate all the feedback on how we can improve the new layout and controls of our Dish Anywhere website and we have forwarded these to our Engineering Team! -- Sam F

I will be doing without DA for a while, I refuse to install Chrome.
I don't like being spied upon by Google.
Microsoft and Facebook are bad enough but Google is the worst.
Now I see where Dish's bedpartner is going.

Reactions: Tony S
More like Dish needs to play catch-up.
I was talking about the browsers.

I remember when Microsoft was court ordered to separate IE from being embedded in Windows. It had, what, 90% of the market? And that came after Netscape was the "monopoly". And it rose from the dead in the form of Firefox who threaten to become the new king-of-the-hill. We all laughed when Google entered the marked with something called Chrome. And who cared about Safari ....Apple had 2% of the desktop market.

The point was that Dish went for the browsers that mattered.....when not long ago, it would have been Internet Explorer and the other versions would come later....if ever.

Can no longer log in to Dish Anywhere or the Dish community forum, keep getting this message "Your Online ID/Password combination has expired. Please click here to create a new password." The acct name & password is correct though since I can still access my Dish account using the same credentials. Any ideas? It worked just a few days ago.

Reactions: cwarren78
I don’t expect Dish to get DA working with IE, unless tangentially. That’s working with the dead.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts