New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

Jesus H Christ they launch a great idea of having an all HD package and then turn around and totally F*** it up by not letting you say pay an extra $5.00 to get your local RSN or subscribe to a sports package like NBA League Pass or NHL Center Ice!!!!

MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my bill. I've had this package for years. But when they went mpeg4 the price went up from $19.99 to $29.99. By the way I dumped Cinemax several weeks ago and I see they are still charging me for it. WTF

Monthly Charge(s) 01/05 to 02/04

ACCESS FEE 6.00
CINEMAX 12.99
DISHHD 29.99

Account Charges $ 48.98

Total $ 48.98

Taxes
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 0.49

Total Taxes $ 0.49

Total Amount Due
$ 49.47

Back to Bill Summary

I don't see why Dish wouldn't sell all the add ons available with any other packages. Wouldn't make any sense. "What, Dish Doesn't want to makle more MONEY with add ons!?" :confused:

Because I just explained this package can not make too much sense, if so a lot of HD subs will downgrade from AT200/250/AEP to this one, and E* will lose big ($20 to $50 per month revenue loss). Why should they cut off one hand to feed the other?

Just a sales gimmick

This package will be used to get people "in the door". Many of the early adopters are sports fans and want at the BARE Minimum their RSN in HD. By not offering this it will be their way of bumping up people to the HD Ultimate Package as it will have your RSN.

I was so excited about the possible savings and eliminating all the crappy SD channels I don't watch but without the RSN (hopefully the 2 RSNs) this package is pure BULLCRAP!!

That and I have 3 RSN's in my area, 2 of em are on 129 and the other is at 61.5. How brilliant do you have to be to...awww F*** it.

Questions for Scott:

1. I have a two tuner SD receiver in addition to my VIP622...will they be able to view the SD equivalents of all of these (and locals)?

2. I'm assuming that if this package is called DishHD that new channels (including CNN, which would add news) would be added as they became available.

3. Could I add Sirius as an ala carte selection?

4. What kind of commitment will this require?

5. Will I be able to keep my .01 Cinemax?

Everyone here has been lost in the excitement of this new all hd pack, I think it sucks because that $10 HBO/SHO/Startz/Cinemax HD's rumor did not come true.

Is this correct? I didn't see it definitively in the thread above.

If so, bummer. But this pack would still save me money each month even if I have to keep paying for premiums to get a lousy single HD channel in each pack.

CDH.

FWIW this is the first time we've been able to select a programming package that even modestly "fits" our viewing preferences. We're tired of being part of the statistic that supports an industry with way too many channels of poor quality -- picture and/or content. Oh, and not having the regional sports channels is a big plus for the same reason :eek:
Talon Dancer

Hear hear!

CDH.

Is this correct? I didn't see it definitively in the thread above.

If so, bummer. But this pack would still save me money each month even if I have to keep paying for premiums to get a lousy single HD channel in each pack.

CDH.

I don't know, had they got it I think they would have screamed about it.

Of course I will be very glad if the $10 all movies HD rumor is true.

Why are some of you including the HD Enabling Fee?

That fee is for those who have an HD DVR but do not subscribe to an HD package and just want to use the OTA tuner.

Why are some of you including the HD Enabling Fee?

That fee is for those who have an HD DVR but do not subscribe to an HD package and just want to use the OTA tuner.
#1: Because they are confusing this new program with the old $9.99 HD Only package of a few years ago which was NOT QUALIFIED, required an "owned" HD receiver, included this fee.
#2: Because they missed the info in Scott's original post that said this new HD Only package is qualified. Qualified packages don't require this fee.
Here are details of Dish Networks new $29.99 HD Only Package! (You will not be able to order this package until February 1st).....This “standalone” HD package constitutes minimum qualifying programming.....

...The dishHD (standalone) package includes all HD channels within dishHD Ultimate...

– dishHD (43 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008)...

If I change to this package on Feb 1 and then later they add SciFi, USA, or others. Are the new channels gonna be in the package automatically and without extra charge? If so, how long can they guarantee this price if they keep adding more HD channels?

If I change to this package on Feb 1 and then later they add SciFi, USA, or others. Are the new channels gonna be in the package automatically and without extra charge? If so, how long can they guarantee this price if they keep adding more HD channels?

This is why I have suspected they will not add any new HDs anytime soon. If this is a package to get people in the door and hope they can upgrade, why make it more attractive by adding more channels in there? The total silence in clarifying whether any new HDs will be included in the future is just that, they don't want this pack to be a popular choice because they will lose revenue.

What is up with the Big 10 Network being in free preview "until early 2008"? Is it considered a regional sports network, or is Dish going to create an all sports tier and charge extra for it?