New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Two questions:

Will we get the public interest channels with this package? I never really watch them but there are some things that interest me and whn I cut back 100+ channels tomorrow I will probably be more apt to explore these channels.

What will my bill be with this package and locals and two 622's?

$34.99
$6.98 - DVR fee
$6.98 - DVR fee
-------

48.95 is my calcuation. What am I missing?

My bill right now is $128 a month for AEP (plus I think I still have the DHPP which I will finally be cancelling).

I only need four more channels to jump on this deal. SciFi HD, FXHD, SpeedHD, USAHD. Come on Charlie!!!!!! I'd drop the sd in a second, those are the only sd channels I watch.

I am leaning heavily toward this pack. I do get my locals in hd and will wait to see if I will get PBS, CW in sd as well with this pack. I will know tomorrow.:)

What time the 1st can one call in, 8am eastern time?
(05-03) Jan K: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
JH: On Friday Feb 1, at what time can I start a Chat to request the new HD ONly package for $29.99
(05-03) Jan K: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
(05-03) Jan K: 7:00AM
(05-03) Jan K: Is there anything else I can do for you?
(05-03) Jan K: That does not mean all of our channels will be available in HD.
JH: I am in the Central Time Zone, is it different than 7 AM
(05-03) Jan K: It is 7 AM Mountain Standard Time.
(05-03) Jan K: That will be 8 AM your time.
JH: Thankyou.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

7 AM MST = 8 AM CST = 9 AM EST = 6 AM PST

Two questions:

Will we get the public interest channels with this package? I never really watch them but there are some things that interest me and whn I cut back 100+ channels tomorrow I will probably be more apt to explore these channels.

What will my bill be with this package and locals and two 622's?

$34.99
$6.98 - DVR fee
$6.98 - DVR fee
-------

48.95 is my calcuation. What am I missing?

My bill right now is $128 a month for AEP (plus I think I still have the DHPP which I will finally be cancelling).

I have the same set up, so I think you're missing the $6 additional lease fee for your 2nd 622, and I believe the DVR fees will still be $5.98(x2), so I come up with $52.95...not to mention your $128 is going up to $133+tax in Feb. You may want to account for HBO, Sho, Max and Starz, if you're planning on keeping them...could be $52.95 +$40, if you keep all 4. Even if you did keep all 4, would be around $100, instead of $140.

I am leaning heavily toward this pack. I do get my locals in hd and will wait to see if I will get PBS, CW in sd as well with this pack. I will know tomorrow.:)

I know i read somewhere that we'll get all our locals if we subscribe to locals, even the SD ones....or possibly only SD version for the ones that have a HD version.

I have the same set up, so I think you're missing the $6 additional lease fee for your 2nd 622, and I believe the DVR fees will still be $5.98(x2), so I come up with $52.95...not to mention your $128 is going up to $133+tax in Feb. You may want to account for HBO, Sho, Max and Starz, if you're planning on keeping them...could be $52.95 +$40, if you keep all 4. Even if you did keep all 4, would be around $100, instead of $140.

I didn't think that we could keep the premiums but that is a moot point as I plan on cancelling them for a while anyway. I have about 120 HD movies on my two external drives to watch and then maybe I will add them again. I am hoping to go Blu-Ray with the money I save (our local stores rent Blu-Ray and HD-DVD now) to supplement my apparently dying $100 HD-DVD player.

$130 a month for tv is just plain ridiculous....

I forgot about the lease fee, thanks.

Sign Me Up!!

This is what I've been looking for. All of the other channels I can watch on my cable connection. A lot of the HD channels provided aren't available on cable.

Maybe the first one to get this pack will post details on here.

Detailed bill
Channels included (local sd??)

First Impression of the new package

The call on the phone was quite painless, here is how my price package came out

HD only programming w/locals

Lease Receiver Fee

DHPP

DVR Fee

Total

It was immediatly changed on the programming guide. It is better that what I was hoping because you get the standard def version of every channel. I know that was a concern of people. You still get the 9000 range and the map downs. So whatever was happening in the 5000 range doesnt have to do with this package as of yet anyways. It seems pretty slick, I am glad I did it.

The only bad thing is, I was hoping they would have just taken all the other info crap channels out of there, but no can do. They even threw in QVC for free.

...It is better that what I was hoping because you get the standard def version of every channel. I know that was a concern of people. You still get the 9000 range and the map downs. So whatever was happening in the 5000 range doesnt have to do with this package as of yet anyways. It seems pretty slick, I am glad I did it....
Thanks for being a very early adopter :)

Is the SD version of HGTV included? I ask because they have different programming.

Did they charge you a $5 "down grade" fee.

Thanks in advance - Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)