New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks for the follow up.

I think I discovered why some people are seeing the HD Enabling fee and others are not. There are two different versions of DishBuilder. The most recent one requires your zip code. The older one does not. Worse yet, they produce different answers, and the older one can be cached by browsers :(

See the examples below. They were captured by using the screen dump function of Mac OS X (to get the pop-up). Note the differences in the overall appearance (e.g. tab and phone number locations, etc.). The one with the wrong answer was run using FireFox with the DishBuilder in cache. The other one was using Safari after clearing the cache completely.

So if DishBuilder does not _require_ your zip code. Flush your cache and try again.

Talon Dancer

Good grief, do they have 6 year olds doing their web programming? I seem to be having a lot of trouble with their site still.

Before clearing my cache I was indeed getting the wrong version of Dish Builder. Their crappy Flash navigation was sending me to "http://www.dishtv.com/mydish.jsp?undefined" which is the older version that doesn't ask for a zip code. When you click the enter button on Dish Builder you wind up at "http://www.dishtv.com/builder06.jsp"... this is wrong apparently.

After clearing my cache I find a whole new set of problems. The Order Online button is sending me to "http://www.dishnetwork.com/redirects/order/index.shtml" which wants an auth certificate since it's about to send me to a secure website. Accepting the cert lets me redirect to "https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/builddish/land.do". Notice the 'S' in https... however this page 404's (does not exist, for non-webby people). So I have no idea what's going on...

This is happening with Firefox v2 & v3 beta, IE6 and IE7. Anyone else seeing this?

**UPDATE** Right after I finished typing this I discovered two things. "customersupport.dishnetwork.com" doesn't exist at all as a subdomain of "dishnetwork.com" and then about 5 minutes later it did! Now the *new* Dish Builder is there and working. This leads me to believe that they waited until yesterday to update their DNS settings, which can take upwards of 24~48 hrs to trickle across the web and send people to the right place. So if you're seeing the old Dish Builder that doesn't ask for the zip code, Talon Dancer nailed it, clear your cache and keep trying until you get the one that does. The correct first page of Dish Builder should be "https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/builddish/prepDishBUILDER_00.do?method=prep". If you're getting page errors, their DNS updates haven't reached your section of the intertubes yet, so try a little later. BTW, the new Dish Builder isn't totally Flash, which is oh so nice. =)

Q For Those Who Have Switched Already

Some posters indicate that certain 'freebie' SD channels have continued along with this HD package. One channel that is vital to me is the NASA channel -- can anyone who has switched to this package confirm whether or not the NASA channel is still included; i.e. do you still see it?
Thanks.

Some posters indicate that certain 'freebie' SD channels have continued along with this HD package. One channel that is vital to me is the NASA channel -- can anyone who has switched to this package confirm whether or not the NASA channel is still included; i.e. do you still see it?
Thanks.

Yep! NASA channel SD is on this package, channel 213.

I have tried searching through Hemi 6.1 posting history and I am hazarding a guess here:

#1: he subscribes to both D* and E* because each has some lower priced options for certain packages or equipment

#2: back when he first signed up for E*, he used a package and combination of receivers that forced an "enabling fee", now he's stuck with it whenever he tries to change, even though some of the newer E* packages don't have this fee

#3: or when Hemi6.1 tries to use DishBuilder, Hemi6.1 is having a problem on his computer with the OLD cookie or ??? stuck in his Cache that causes the ERROR mentioned in TalonDancer's previous post

#4: and lastly, he has his own business, where every penny counts and he would like E* to be as good as his business and not "fee" the customers to death :)
All true!:D But yes I think the Dish builder is where the trouble is. But No I'm not stuck with the HD enabling Fee. The real reason I have Both Satellite providers ,Is because back in July last year I got sick of waiting for D* to Get more HD, So I subscribed to E*, But still kept D* service with the Family package, because it was cheaper to keep it then to pay out my contract. So now I like both companys, D* I like dealing with them a little better then E*. But I love E* Premiums, and D* HD. It can be a little costly sometimes, But I look at it this way, I don't smoke and don't really drink, So its a better investment then those! I work outside every day . So I like spending my nights in front of the Tube. And yes owning my own business is really why some things bother me like FEE's The customer should not have to pay fee's for Downgrading Or if someone chooses to not have the HD package anymore. People downgrade most of the time, because They can't afford it anymore ,It happends! So why does the customer have to be turned upside down,and then beaten on the way out. IMO a lot of times ,I'll refuse to upgrade ,Since I know it going to cost me to get rid of it. Honestly I think this hurts E* more then if they would just Drop the downgrade fees! But thats just me. :hatsoff:

Thanks.

Everyone gets NASA and if you don't get most of the PI channels call and ask for the free public interest package

Here is what my account shows when I login.

Notice that it has the DVR Service fee, but it does not show an HD Enabling fee.

I'm not a new customer, and I own my VIP622.

I noticed you still have HD Pak listed like I do, did you upgrade from the old 9.99 HD Pak?

Last edited:
Well DISH is slowly moving up to the vaunted 'most screwed up company' position in my book.

On Friday I called to changed to the HD only package, was told that I could not because I was under contract. I then went online and had the package changed with no problems and was even quoted my new monthly charge. On Friday night/Saturday I was automatically switched back to AEP with everything. Today I did the online support thing and once again they are telling me that I cannot get this package.

Earlier this AM I switched to the $29.99 dishHD (only) package with locals via chat. All up $40.97 + taxes. It's nice to know my monthly Dish bill in 2008 will finally be less than my average monthly electric bill in 2007 :eek:

They tried to nail me with the $5 "downgrade" fee. I told them that I knew of others who had not been charged this fee and asked if they would waive it and they did. Thanks Satellite Guys members :)

BTW the chat system made it much easier and I have a record of the quoted price, the waived downgrade fee, etc.

Talon Dancer

I noticed you still have HD Pak listed like I do, did you upgrade from the old 9.99 HD Pak?

Yes, before this, I was only subscribing to the old $9.99 HD Pack + locals. I am curious about that one too, I will probably call them on Monday to find out what the deal is.

Is anyone out there having problems trying to sign up for HD only if you are currently already a dish member? Is this package supposed to be for everyone, or new customers only?

I called this morning, they told me I couldn't get it. I tried online chat they said only new customers.

Is anyone out there having problems trying to sign up for HD only if you are currently already a dish member? Is this package supposed to be for everyone, or new customers only?

I called this morning, they told me I couldn't get it. I tried online chat they said only new customers.

Yes, I have had lots of trouble. I even got it a first time and it was later removed. I called three different people on Sunday before I was finally able to get it again.

I don't know what the package details really are but it says nothing about it being for 'new subs only' on their web page and it even goes so far to say that IF you are a new subscriber you can get it for three months for free. This implies to me that it is not for new subs only. Now it doesn't really say anything on their website about it counting towards your commited minimum programming if you are under contract.

Thanks.

My car mechanic doesn't watch much TV... but he has an old Dish300 and a many year old unsubscribed Dish receiver, so that he can watch NASA TV.

So, the answer is that all dish receivers will tune 213 regardless of subscriptions.

PS Be sure to tune in to NASA TV and also HD-NET between 2:30pm ET and 3pm ET on Thursday for the launch !

I'm a little confused

Currently own one vip211 & have AT100/HD no locals $.01 Cinemax.

I may want to swap to a vip622 or vip722 and switch to Stand-Alone HD pack no locals.

1. I do not have a landline. Will a connection to ethernet/internet get me out of the phone home fee? If not how much is it? If I get a vip612 does it req hardline?

2. I know about the $6 DVR fee. Is there a dual tuner fee? Is there an HD enabling fee? Is there an external hard drive fee? Will there be a lease fee if I don't own?

I am currently a cable customer looking to switch to Dish or DirecTV or maybe UVerse (but probably not).

The Dish HD package looks great -- EXCEPT it's missing some key channels that I watch. If it had these I'd probably jump, because it's cheap enough that I could keep it even if I didn't dump cable.

CNN
Weather
Fox Sports RSN
USA

Well I just changed my plan and all went smooth. I called Tech Support and the girl couldn't have been more helpful. I didn't even get charged the $5 for downgrading. I can't begin to say how happy I am with this new package. HD for the vip211 in the living room and SD for the bedroom 311. I only hope when we get new HD that it's added to this package.

Before:
AT100 & HD Ultimate, DHPP, locals are OTA.
$59.99 a month before taxes

After:
DishHD (HD Standalone is what she called it)
Dropped the DHPP, still have OTA locals.
$34.99 a month before taxes

(edited for price mistake)

Last edited:
I called again for the third time and this CSR was able to make the change. I don't blame the CSR's for not getting it right the first and second time. I'm sure they are misinformed from higher up managers or not trained right. The only SD I did watch was CNBC and fox news.

One last question on this. Is there any chance that the HD RSN's might be included in this package if/when E* starts running them as full time channels??

I don't know if this has been touched on, if you order premium movies along with this "all-HD" pack, do you get all movie channels or just the HD ones? If only HD ones is there a price break?

I don't know if this has been touched on, if you order premium movies along with this "all-HD" pack, do you get all movie channels or just the HD ones? If only HD ones is there a price break?

I added the .01 Cinemax promo, and get the HD Cinemax, as well as the other SD "max" channels, with the standalone HD pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts