New DMA announcement- NY - Boston?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cgott42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
I live in NY (zip 10952- right outside NYC) with the new DMa locals, will I be able to get Boston locals (i.e. to see Boston REdsox and N. E. Patriots games)?

thanks

no. More than likely hartford or albany if any other dma. Some areas are only served by dma while some are served by 2 or 3 different dmas.

cgott42 said:
I live in NY (zip 10952- right outside NYC) with the new DMa locals, will I be able to get Boston locals (i.e. to see Boston REdsox and N. E. Patriots games)?

thanks

This is what I posted in another threat, re. the summary of what might potentially be available in the New York DMA, if D* fully rolls out SV:

Maphisto's Sidekick said:
  • Dutchess County -- WTEN (ABC 10) and WXXA (Fox 23)
  • Fairfield County -- WTNH (ABC 8) and WTXX (WB 20)
  • Hunterdon County -- KYW (CBS 3), WPVI (ABC 6), WCAU (NBC 10), WTXF (Fox 29), and WPSG (UPN 57)
  • Ocean County -- WPVI (ABC 6)
  • Pike County -- WNEP (ABC 16), WYOU (CBS 22), and WBRE (NBC 28)
  • eastern Suffolk County -- WFSB (CBS 3) and WTNH (ABC 8); plus WTXX (WB 20) and WVIT (NBC 30) in some towns
  • Ulster County -- WRGB (CBS 6), WTEN (ABC 10), WXXA (Fox 23)
  • Warren County -- KYW (CBS 3), WPVI (ABC 6), WCAU (NBC 10), WFMX (Ind 69)

Also, while they're not part of the New York market, it's worth noting that Mercer County, NJ and most of New Haven County, CT seem to be big potential winners, having the Big 6 (2/4/5/7/9/11) on their SV lists in addition to their native locals.

There are NO locations where Boston and New York locals could be made available. Writing as someone who works part-time in both cities, believe me, I've tried to find one. The only way to do even come close is to become an E* subscriber, live in (or "move" to) either DMA, and subscribe to WPIX, WWOR, or WSBK on an a la carte basis.

That's just about the only thing I wish D* would emulate about E*.

Boston locals? No. Pats games? Possibly, if you live in one of the DMA's that would receive WFSB and/or WTIC.

Bruins? Only if you get the sports pack, as NESN/hockey doesn't seem to carry the ridiculous blackouts that other sports do (although last night, I had NESN blacked out in favor of the FL feed for the Tampa-Bruins game. Go figure.)

hancox said:
Boston locals? No. Pats games? Possibly, if you live in one of the DMA's that would receive WFSB and/or WTIC.

Bruins? Only if you get the sports pack, as NESN/hockey doesn't seem to carry the ridiculous blackouts that other sports do (although last night, I had NESN blacked out in favor of the FL feed for the Tampa-Bruins game. Go figure.)

yep, I'm mainly looking for Pats games (NFL Sunday ticket costs a fortune!)
When /how will I be able to find out for sure if I'll get WFSB and/or WTIC?

Ah, inclusion by ommission, then :)

It means that Rockland isn't eligible for any SV channels. Sorry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)