New DSR800 menu issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Henry Sanchez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
California, USA
Hi everyone, here’s the story:

I just installed the new DSR800, but in the LNB Scan option, always the result is LNB test failed, does anyone has the similar issue?

How can be fixed?

Thank you!!

it only fails if the cable to the lnb is bad. it means no connection. could be a bad lnb I suppose, if you know the cable is good try a different port on the lnb.

it only fails if the cable to the lnb is bad. it means no connection. could be a bad lnb I suppose, if you know the cable is good try a different port on the lnb.

Well, the funny thing is 2 DRS600 are connected to the same XKU lnb, and they work perfectly, using the same RG-6 coax type. (Dual shield, sweep tested 3Ghz.), i’m 99.9% sure the coax or connectors are not damaged or something like that.

A friend of mine told me how to get fixed that failed screen, he said just simply press options+999 and that’s it, but this happen everytime the receiver turned on/off.

Any idea?

have you changed rooms then? Put the 800 on a know good working line, once it finds the lnb you should be good to activate the rec. It could be a bad port on the dish then.
Options 777 will get you past the screen too, but if it does not see the lnb you will probably not have any luck with it.
I have seen a few receivers fail right out of the box too. Showing no signal. I still prefer the 600 receivers better :)

have you changed rooms then? Put the 800 on a know good working line, once it finds the lnb you should be good to activate the rec. It could be a bad port on the dish then.
Options 777 will get you past the screen too, but if it does not see the lnb you will probably not have any luck with it.
I have seen a few receivers fail right out of the box too. Showing no signal. I still prefer the 600 receivers better :)

Actually yes, but is still the same issue, all the lnb ports has been tested, even with the 600’s ports.
Curiously, the client was able to activate the receiver within lnb fail test screen. And then he selected NO re-test the lnb, and the screen go just fine.

Crazy isn’t it!!

Sounds like a Glitchy receiver, probably would have been a good idea to check the signal levels in the status screen, but one assumes there is no signal if that test fails lol.
Good to know though :) I still like the 600's much better..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts