New DTV spot beam maps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bruno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
There is a lot of different color rings on these maps. Do the colors mean anything? How do you know if you will get a good enough signal to get a picture? In the past the HD signal for the Oklahoma HD locals do not go very far west in oklahoma.

-103 Directv Directv 12 S2797 A1B6 Oklahoma City OK 18.3-18.8 Directv 12 103W A1B6 Oklahoma City

Thanks...Bruno

Same question on the DirecTV Sat Maps link at the top of this page. What do the colors mean on the maps?

Also, I cant find any maps for DirecTV 99w transponder 15 and 23 for Denver.

Denver is very unique as it has Locals on Two SATS as the market is so large -covers parts of 3 states into north west nebraska

I can find maps for DireCTV 103 Transponder 15 and 23 but not for the 99w sat.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Generally speaking, the pink line is where you want to be inside of.

What about maps. The list about is missing several spot beam maps for the 99w SAT like Denver 99w transponder 15 and 23 that covers in to Nebraska.

Any suggestions? I search both sites for data.

I know someone that wants to "move" and it will be very boarder line. The transponders show signal strength of 38% but for all I know that is form an other city since the maps done show.

Not all of the spot beam maps are listed. My dma, Hartford CT isn't in there either. Check this link and click on the domestic map link: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=206618
Then click on the green tab at the bottom. It will tell you the right transponder for the area you want. You would then need to find someone in the area your "friend" wants to move to. Check the signal strength for that transponder. If it's above 80 or so, your "friend" should have reliable reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts